Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what the TB came with was P245/65R-17. That gives the tires an overall dimension of(in inches):

Sidewalls- 6.3
Radius- 14.8
Diameter- 29.5
Circumference- 92.8

From experience i WOULD NOT run a diameter larger than 30 or 30.5 unless you want to have to change parts and stuff around. I ran into issues finding the tire i wanted in the size i was already running in procomps. I have a list of tire sizes i can pull out if some one wants to know.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Those sizes depend on the tire. My 245/65-17 General Grabber HTS tires are only 29" diameter. The 17" is the only consistent size.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats that companies specified width or whatever. if you go to any tire calculator and put in 245 65r 17 size tire, the specifications i wrote are exactly what will come up as a general all around specifications. look it up.

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
2,369 Posts
just curious, but do traiblazers come with 245's from the factory? My bravada has 255's and i'm on stock rims..

·
Registered
2009 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,349 Posts
both my 03 ext, and 09 came from factory w/ 245's, when 03 needed tires i went to 25570r17's not much clearence from that knuckle thing. could maybe get thickness of a credit card/ drivers license between tire and knuckle. only problem i had was on a long trip in summer,after 10 hrs of driving, tire rubbed ever so slightly on knuckle. ok once tires cooled down.:m2:

·
Basic Vendor- Skid Plates
3,700 Posts
Check out the "ultimate "will it fit" guide" pinned thread, in the off-road forum, on this site... Its got the "what you need to do to fit this size tire" list in it...

Mike

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Thats that companies specified width or whatever. if you go to any tire calculator and put in 245 65r 17 size tire, the specifications i wrote are exactly what will come up as a general all around specifications. look it up.
I don't dispute your numbers. But they are as you said "general" sizes. If you are looking for an actual size, go to Tirerack.com and fill in the actual tire size, manufacturer, and model to get more accurate dimensions. If you only have clearance for a 30" tire, and the calculator says the general size is 30 inches, but the actual size is 30.6 inches, you may have clearance problems. Ask fletch09 what would have happened if his tires had been a quarter inch taller or wider.:m2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.