Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have the service manager outside to ask him how long it would take to replace the seal for the exhaust cam position actuator solenoid and about another issue with the solenoid itself. So he looks at my Airaid Intake and then begins to inform me that the oils from the filter could clog my Mass Airflow Sensor and cause shifting problems with my automatic transmission.

Well....I didn't have the heart to inform him that the 02 Trailblazers DO NOT HAVE a Mass Airflow Sensor. Or to ask him how it is going to affect my transmission shifts. If my truck was still under warrenty I would have asked him to put it in writing for my lawyer to look at.

I love that they look for ANYTHING to use against you for future visits while your vehicle is in there. Imagine if they knew I had a reprogrammed PCM :crackup: which I now would definately void a warrenty.

I once had a dealership try to tell me my intake on my Sunfire was a contributing cause for my engine to snap a rod due to oil starvation due to oil pump failure caused by a defective pump. :weird: Even though they sold the same intakes installed on the Stinger version of the cavalier from the showroom floor with warrenty.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali
9,380 Posts
So I have the service manager outside to ask him how long it would take to replace the seal for the exhaust cam position actuator solenoid and about another issue with the solenoid itself. So he looks at my Airaid Intake and then begins to inform me that the oils from the filter could clog my Mass Airflow Sensor and cause shifting problems with my automatic transmission.
lol, shoulda ask him to show you exactly where your Mass Airflow Sensor was located for reference.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
first mistake.....we know more about these trucks then most techs
Very true statement, but also a sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
ya you have to watch with the dealers. my friends got a 04 05 2500 hd diesel that is moded pretty good. he ended up spining a bearing taking out oil pump and turbo and lost all power to number 4 cylinder. he changed his exhaust back took out program only thing he did not change was one pipe that was from his k&n and they voided his waranty because of that

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
ya you have to watch with the dealers. my friends got a 04 05 2500 hd diesel that is moded pretty good. he ended up spining a bearing taking out oil pump and turbo and lost all power to number 4 cylinder. he changed his exhaust back took out program only thing he did not change was one pipe that was from his k&n and they voided his waranty because of that
Yea but sorry he deserves that, we're all getting screwed because the Dmax guys are not properly upgrading their engines and just putting an intake, exhaust and slapping whatever programmer that makes the most hp/tq and then want GM (and US because their prices go up to make up for the warranty claims) to fix their mistake. Lots of toasted Dmaxes out there, if you mod your truck you should be ready to pay for the repairs if you mess up. Im a poor college kid and I realize this, if I blow my engine Im screwed thats why Im going to be very careful with my SS.

Maybe Im just anal about this because the tuning industry is really getting screwed over by the excess number of Dmax warranty claims. With GM implementing their CVN checking on the 08+ LMM Dmax they will void the warranty if the CVNs do not match when you go in for warranty work. Right now its just the LMM do dont freak out but I dont want it getting worse.

·
Banned
2007 chevy trailblazer_ss_1ss
2,006 Posts
Yea but sorry he deserves that, we're all getting screwed because the Dmax guys are not properly upgrading their engines and just putting an intake, exhaust and slapping whatever programmer that makes the most hp/tq and then want GM (and US because their prices go up to make up for the warranty claims) to fix their mistake. Lots of toasted Dmaxes out there, if you mod your truck you should be ready to pay for the repairs if you mess up. Im a poor college kid and I realize this, if I blow my engine Im screwed thats why Im going to be very careful with my SS.

Maybe Im just anal about this because the tuning industry is really getting screwed over by the excess number of Dmax warranty claims. With GM implementing their CVN checking on the 08+ LMM Dmax they will void the warranty if the CVNs do not match when you go in for warranty work. Right now its just the LMM do dont freak out but I dont want it getting worse.
i agree and disagree... it also boils down to your relationship with your dealership... i have an '07 SS with a bunch of mods that "could" void the warranty if they wanted to be anal with me... but i have been dealing with them since i cant remember how long... my mother, father, brother, and girlfriend all get our vehicles serviced through them.. so i talked to my service guy about my TBSS he said mod away.. only thing he would void for the tune would be my PCM because thats the part that shows a defect.. but as far as trannies etc.. with the SS' he said dont worry about it...now i could be wrong and he could "flip the script" on me so to speak but he would lose a LOT of business and i think GM needs everything they can get now and days...

just my :m2:

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
128 Posts
I am glad that the dealership that I go to is a good one. I have taken it th ere several times for oilchanges and other service items and they have never tried to up-sell me to do more work, and their rates are very good.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I should have asked him to show me where my Flux-Capacitor was. Gotta make sure it's up and running...never know when Marty McFly will drop by.

I also agree with the knowing your dealership thing. But just don't try to change things back to stock if there is a problem when they have already seen the vehicle modded for the last year or 2. It just makes you look dishonest and that you think they are idiots and wouldn't notice. If you have a good relationship with them most of the time they will work with you.

Plus the individual dealership cannot void your warrenty....only GM of Canada or USA can do that. Someone from their head office has to physically come in and look at the vehicle for that to make a decision.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
i am not sayin it should have been voided. he bought the truck the way it was. and the motor did not have a heavy hp/ torque program in it and the dealer never saw the truck moded he took it in with only a kn tuibe somewhere on it. plus the dealer also told him that they had 10 truck having same problem spining a bearing but because he was a kid and they dont want to pay the void waranty. and you guys may have good luck with gm dealers but my family has had a couple gm vehicles and the dealers try to screw you over as much as possible but i will not get into that

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
i agree and disagree... it also boils down to your relationship with your dealership... i have an '07 SS with a bunch of mods that "could" void the warranty if they wanted to be anal with me... but i have been dealing with them since i cant remember how long... my mother, father, brother, and girlfriend all get our vehicles serviced through them.. so i talked to my service guy about my TBSS he said mod away.. only thing he would void for the tune would be my PCM because thats the part that shows a defect.. but as far as trannies etc.. with the SS' he said dont worry about it...now i could be wrong and he could "flip the script" on me so to speak but he would lose a LOT of business and i think GM needs everything they can get now and days...

just my :m2:
No Im glad you responded, I like hearing all sides and arguments to this. Its becoming more and more prevalent with the bailout and everything. The Chevy dealership where I bought my SS will most likely never see it again unless something breaks under warranty. Ive done all the work on our cars since summer 06 as it royally pissed me off when said dealership treated my mom like crap on multiple occasions when she was having work done on our 02. In Seattle I have yet to find a quality Chevy/GMC dealership so I said screw it and started doing it all myself.

This is my background, and Im pretty sure this dealership would not be cool with any upgrades, so Im going to stick with appearance mods until summer then move onto tuning.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
06Envoy...i'm not saying anything about your friend... was just posting as a word to the wise for others.

Personally I usually only take my vehicles in to a dealer for serious repairs, recals, electrical issues, or while it is under warrenty.

·
Registered
2006 gmc envoy_sle
86 Posts
ya no harm or offence taken i just get a little touchy with dealers it all started wtih my moms cts bought new from dealer and only gone to dealer for oil changes. they keep stipping the drain plug sayin someone else did or dont know how its happened. they are the only one who touched it or theykeep leakin and they keep tryin to charge her 32 dollars for one and then her thermostat went was only supose to cost her about 200 for them to change have to rip apart alot of stuff turned into 1200 then after they did this 5 km later lower rad hose colapsed and just screwing things up. sorry bout the venting but i have no faith in any gm dealers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts