Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well - I have thought about it - and i'm going for it!! I'm leaving here to get some googone and errands and when i return, i'm starting to take them damn things off!! Anyone have any suggestions? Let me know if i need anything while i'm out - I'll keep everyone posted on the progress!! Pics to come! :cool:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,674 Posts
if you have a heat gun that would help out a lot just warm them up a lil so that there easier to take off, if not then let each side get some sun to warm up the rubber.

some fisihing line, googone, claybar, compound and some wax just to get the fine lines and seal it back up. lets see some pics afterwards!!

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
286 Posts
Good luck, I actually got brave yesterday and pulled mine off too. I am just fighting to get the lines around where the molding had been to go away. I ran one door with polishing compound and it is still there along the bottom. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the ghost lines?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well i don't have a heat gun - mine has been dropped several times and is in the trash....hairdryer? lol sounds ******* but what ever works i guess lol I have googone and fishing line in case. some compound and i'm ready....i'll take pics of the process. I guess cross your fingers so i don't get those ghost lines ppl see haha :no:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
361 Posts
Well i don't have a heat gun - mine has been dropped several times and is in the trash....hairdryer? lol sounds ******* but what ever works i guess lol I have googone and fishing line in case. some compound and i'm ready....i'll take pics of the process. I guess cross your fingers so i don't get those ghost lines ppl see haha :no:
I took mine off last year originally because the heat caused the left front to come an taped and I could open the drivers door. I was originally going to retape it and put it back on but it look good without it. I to had the tell tale signs that they were there for a while. After a few coats of cleaner wax, clay bar and good carnuba wax it you can't tell they were ever there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here we go
I used googone and rubbing compound. And then washed with Turtle wax wash and wax soap. Definately should have done this sooner!! :bonk:
BEFORE:

DURING

GOOGONE IS A MANS BEST ERASER!!!!

NICE AND GONE!!!!

I'm glad it's off....it looks SO much cleaner and slick!! Must do mod for any TB'er!!!!!
Look good?!?! :D

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
Looks great!!:cool:

Good luck, I actually got brave yesterday and pulled mine off too. I am just fighting to get the lines around where the molding had been to go away. I ran one door with polishing compound and it is still there along the bottom. Anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of the ghost lines?
WD-40, I let it sit on there for a few minutes & them used a scotch brite no scratch sponge & some reg carwash...came right off!

I used a hair dryer to debadge...whatever works!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
fully Demolded and DEBADGED TOO!! haha.....stupid things! lol I wanna get those RS tags now....i think they look sharp....haha

NO MORE LS!!!! it's the LS that's got PIMPED!! haha....LS WITH EVERYTHING! My crossbar needs some touch up since last year chipping!!

Oh the roof rack bars are off too....i'll post a better pic soon of her all shined up~~

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
138 Posts
Yea I did this too, I waited for a hot day and for the sun to bake on the truck to soften up the sides. I used WD-40 along the tape on both sides and used a plastic spackle knife to peel the tape off.

Most of the tape came off in 1 piece. Once the tape was off I used Meguires buffing wax and got the lines off and then washed and waxed the rest of the truck.

Your's looks just as good as mine does, good job. :thumbsup:

Steve A.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
All spit shined and ready to go!! Some of the pics looks like a like in the side from the moldings but's a reflection off the ground...plus the moldings are lower than the shadow.....hows she look?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i think they are 25%.....the cops here don't really get excited on tint....now the rice burners and there lights under them....yeah no. But I think that's what mine is, I can't really remember, I did them over a year ago.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
963 Posts
Hmm, I learned something today.
Did a quick search, turns out the law is actually 35% (a lighter shade than 15% would be):

HOW DARK CAN WINDOW TINT BE IN TENNESSEE?
Darkness of tint is measured by Visible Light Transmission percentage (VLT%). In Tennessee, this percentage refers to percentage of visible light allowed in through the combination of film and the window.
• Windshield Non-reflective tint is allowed along the top of the windshield above the manufacturer's AS-1 line.
• Front Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
• Back Side Windows Must allow more than 35% of light in.
• Rear Window Must allow more than 35% of light in.

HOW REFLECTIVE CAN THE TINT BE IN TENNESSEE?
Similar to sunglass lenses, some tinting film contain metallic elements that help in reflecting incoming light and reducing the glare and heat generated by visible light.

• Front Side Windows No metallic or mirrored appearance.
• Back Side Windows No metallic or mirrored appearance.

Sorry for any confusion.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.