Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha I am a very experienced Vb user and the one thing I know is that the search button stinks. It's better to ask and have someone link you to an old informative post than to fumble around with a very poor search engine. Thanks Roadie for your assistance...

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
... the search button stinks.
As true as that is, it's pretty successful when you can give it a good term like "P0480". It's miserable on "why is my idle flaky". Human search algorithms work better for that, and I have a page of URLs to answer the most common questions.
It's better to ask and have someone link you to an old informative post..
Hehe. Just DON'T come right out and say (as somebody manages to do every month or so) ... "I'm in too much of a hurry to search, so please spoon-feed me the answer." or "I'm too LAZY to search....."

That will get a Garfield slapped on ya as fast as I can paste the link (I have a portfolio of these photoshopped up for the common dumb-noob issues...)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ha I apologize for coming off that way... I did run a search of the code first and foremost but in most cases the question of the thread involved another code (the one for coolant not reaching the proper temp). I was hoping since I wasn't getting that particular code that it would be something incredibly simple like a bad relay or a fuse blown somewhere (or replacing a wiring harness, just not one that's that difficult to get to). I'm new to the Envoy and the greatest thing about sites like this are the number of knowledgeable and experienced people who have already run into the problem I'm having at the time and can give me a quick answer. In my experience it's been easier to ask and be linked than to search.

The best car forum poster I've ever run into is a guy named Richpin on youtube. This guy has videos of almost every repair possible for a Saturn car between '92 and '97. You want to talk about useful... ha He know Saturns inside -out and upside-down. I was hoping there was a similar user over here that could link me to videos or post tips and tricks that they don't tell you in the manual.

Thanks for the welcomes and I was in a bit of a hurry yesterday when I posted... haha it's been a stressful summer and I'm about ready for my vacation...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.