Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
3,455 Posts
TJBaker is the one who said not to start replacing parts willy-nilly, not me, but I agree with him fully!

DIAGNOSE, DIAGNOSE, DIAGNOSE.

· Premium Member
3,455 Posts
DO NOT DISCONNECT THE BATTERY - REMOVE THE APPROPRIATE FUSE(S).

Why?

Because when you reconnect the battery, the HVAC actuators inside of the dash are commanded to run a recalibration procedure which stresses the old brittle plastic gears inside the actuators and the brittle plastic gears break and leaves you unable to control where the air comes out, or control the temperature of the air, etc. Replacing at least one of them literally requires the removal of the entire dash! So, if you ever need to actually disconnect the battery, such as in the case of needing to install a new battery, be sure and use some kind of Keep Memory Alive (KAM) device to avoid the HVAC actuator recalibration routine.

· Premium Member
3,455 Posts
I for one do not have a clue as to what information you are attempting to convey to us other than:

1) You now know that it is one or more HVAC actuators making noise in the dash as a result of disconnecting and reconnecting the battery

2) You put a brand new throttle body on your vehicle and it did not cure anything, nor did the junkyard part cure anything

3) You do not know how to proceed

Now for an observation I have made:

You appear to be trying to convey to us what is going on with your 2004 Envoy, but somehow your thoughts and words are first going into some kind of tumbling machine and jibberish comes out and gets typed into the computer in one extremely long paragraph comprised of two or three extremely long run-on sentences. I also know that the overwhelming majority of people from Indiana are educated quite well, and that is based on my living in Hancock County for over 4 years and interacting with my neighbors who originated from all over Indiana.

So, please try telling us what is going on with your Envoy and which engine you have in it, what all the Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are from the OBDII system, and what modifications you have made to the Envoy such as the stereo system you have installed.

Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts