Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2004 gmc envoy won't stay running.. keeps throwing out TPS codes yet I have purchased a new one. It starts and runs as long as you are parked. But if you drive it it goes into limp mode every few blocks then refuses to start. I read about the p0651 code and how the TPS is on the same 5v circuit as the radiator fan and how the wiring harness gets worn and grounds to the body. Or the connector is bad. And i unplugged the fan plug and it cleared the codes. I also did a reset on the TPS after installing. I had it running for a good distance again after that but it started having tye same problem again and i had to have my fruend come and pull me back home. It seems to only do it when i let off the gas or am traveling over 20mph. Then i get "REDUCED ENGINE POWER" code on the dash and it dies on me.. i can pull over and restart it and go a few more blocks but it eventually dies after about the 3rd time restating.. im just so damn lost.. i have a decent OBD scanner and i cant pinpoint the problem.. can someone please help me get this machine running again?

Also I am aware of the fuel tank pressure sensor problem.. I don't have one on it. Was under the truck and seen it wasn't there. Mysterious disappearing sensors..
Font Screenshot Technology Software Electronic device

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have disconnected the battery many times and that would explain the constant clicking noise behind the - every time I start it and I couldn't find a response or a cause for that but everything you said just made sense and put it clearly for me and I have already tried replacing the throttle body brand new and it didn't fix nothing so I took it back and got a refund Didn't went to this place called RNR sales in Connersville and ripped one off an old trailblazer and put it on and it's is still throwing the same codes We're starting next? Should I try unplugging the fan clutch? My live data doesn't show the barometer jumping when it spikes and I'm not sure what code in the live data represents the 5 V circuit because it doesn't state it clearly. And I do research every P0 code where P1 code I get and look for calls in effect on each of them and every code I get all points toThe truck acting the way it does so it's like they are all working together and also against me. My skin tool has a battery an alternator test function and it told me the alternator is putting out Too high of an outputAnd also said that my battery was bad. And keeping the scant tool hooked up to the OVD port and quickly clearing the Codes when the reduced engine power light comes on really works? Because if so that's my saving graceAnd I will actually be able to drive it down the road it seems like it's been too long since I could do that. And also I have a 2000 W amplifier that keeps blowing the inline fuse and I disconnected it from the amplifier and it didn't blow the fuse so does anybody know anything about amplifiers and diagnosing what could possibly have caused it to blow the inline every time it's connected? Should I take it apart and see if the inside are fried? None of the fuses on the amp itself are blown though

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Also sometimes when I go to turn the Ignition on I get the unknown driver's messand in order to fix that I have to unplug the negative terminal on my battery for a few seconds and then plug it in and then after that I get the driver one message

· Registered
2004 gmc envoy
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i posted pictures of the codes. and it wont run more than a block without the ''recuced engine power'' light coming on and it stalling and the engine stopping. its a 2004 gmc envoy I6 4.2l and i have an aftermarket radio. its a chinese model and ive naver had problems with it. i have a 2000w amp and 1 15in subwoofer in the back. is that enough information? thats the simplest i can put it for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts