Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
'05 TB 4.2 EXT
6,209 Posts
I went through this same problem for a couple of years --- keeping a cheap scanner wrapped around the steering column for when the REP and CEL came on. I got pretty good at dumping the code and driving on without losing more than a couple of MPH.

▬ I bought a two-channel oscilloscope to test the Null of the twin potentiometers that are on the throttle pedal assembly.​
▬ I looked for drop-outs and never found any --- but I can sure tell you how to test for them if you wanna.​

Anyway --- I finally had a malfunction in my fan clutch where it locked on and didn't release for an hour or so, and now I'm waiting for some decent weather to change it out for a new clutch assembly.

Your problem may or may not be the same as mine -- but you've gotta bug it out thoroughly --- or you'll throw tons of money at it just guessing --- and like chem_man said --- don't get froggy and start ripping parts out/off and installing new ones.

PS you better read up on the dual potentiometers on that throttle!

· Premium Member
'05 TB 4.2 EXT
6,209 Posts
i posted pictures of the codes. and it wont run more than a block without the ''recuced engine power'' light coming on and it stalling and the engine stopping. its a 2004 gmc envoy I6 4.2l and i have an aftermarket radio. its a chinese model and ive naver had problems with it. i have a 2000w amp and 1 15in subwoofer in the back. is that enough information? thats the simplest i can put it for you.
STOP the 1 sentence monoparagraphs --- we don't like them and it makes YOUR thoughts incomprehensible.

Do you SEE how we write our responses?

Try it that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts