Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2004 GMC Envoy XUV 4.2L in-line 6 cylinder vortec engine.

My problem with the vehicle is when I reach 60 mph, the engine immediately overheats and my oil pressure drops to 0.

I’ve replaced the oil, oil pressure switch/sensor, thermostat and thermostat housing, all gaskets, oil flush with new oil, flushed the coolant and added new, I’ve also replaced the radiator and all hoses and coolant lines.

Please help I’ve put more money in this car than what it is actually worth now..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven’t done a compression test yet and the water pump seems to work properly but I’ll investigate on both. Thank you for your suggestion

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
324 Posts
Had one like that a long time ago. Guy put the fan on backwards. Was ok until highway speeds.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
21 Posts
I'd suspect either the water pump or fan clutch given you have replaced almost everything else

·
Registered
2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer LS
23 Posts
This may seem like a stupid question, but since I can't see your vehicle, and I do not know you, I have to ask.
You say it overheats at 60 MPH.
When you say 'overheats' are you saying the gauge reads hot?
Or, have you verified it is actually getting hot by a visual inspection or with a non-contact thermometer?
Note: The fan should be absolutely roaring if it really is running hot.

·
Registered
Chevy Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L)
144 Posts
Indeed, it is necessary to clarify where you get information about overheating from the dashboard or according to the testimony of the scanner through the diagnostic connector.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts