Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone how are you? My name is Brian and i have a few questions. First is about PCM for less UpGrade. What can I expect from this upgrade right now i have CAI, new exhaust with no Cat. Next Q: is I plan on having the electric fans on when i put my Tuned PCM on

Now with all this done and tuned properly what results should i expect?

And what else should i do to bust those Tires loose and get this beast off the line before i start on the turbo

Should i Do a torque converter, Should i bust the harmonic balancer off off the pulley or just have a under drive pulley made???

any simple performance adder would be nice DO THEY MAKE CAMS for the TB I know i need a TC, But what size would you recommend for the 4.2

LOOKING FOR ALL ADVICE HOPEFULLY WE KEEP THIS POSITIVE

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Do the tuned PCM first. If you're going to do efans get everything setup and ready to go so your tuner can flash your PCM properly.

What do you mean results? Hp/Tq? Figure +10 hp/tq for the tune (sometimes 15), 8-10 for efans, and maybe 10 combined for intake and exhaust. Rough guesstimates here.

Do a Vette 1-2 servo for a better 1-2 shift. Others like the .490 boost valve and some other hard parts but IMO you dont need them to make it shift firmly.

Dont do a TQ converter until you start your turbo project (good luck with that btw, how you gonna tune everything?) as you WILL need a built trans and a new, bigger rear end.

Wouldnt touch the harmonic balancer and an UDP on our engines Im not sure would work too well. No one has done it AFAIK.

Only cams are 100% custom, from custom blanks to custom grinds. Talk to efi-diy about them, he's running an 06 I6 with custom cams and a turbo in an old GM pickup using MegaSquirt to run it. Simple performance adders would be nice, too bad there arent any besides a tune, CAI, exhaust, efans, and throttle body spacers (worthless).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here is a lil bit of what is on the agenda. IN ORDER

PCM Tune
22" Replica TBSS wheels Gloss Black
SS front and Rear Bumper Covers
Flat Black Paint
Finish Line Stage 3 4L60E Trans
HP Tuners
Turbo Kit/ IN the STS design