Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 6 disk radio i have will not play CDs anymore (sometimes late in the day it will play one of them) and I was wondering what my least expensive option is. I would like to play MP3s and get radio reception. I am not looking for an upgrade just something that will work. Also, I have seen on electronics sites that I need a GMS-01 adaptor. Is that absolutely necessary? I do not have the Bose system and I do not use ONstar. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 gmc envoy_sle
103 Posts
I have a brand new from the dealership OEM Envoy CD player. Only one disc though. The original took a crap before i hit 36k. I had the dealership replace it, and then i took it out the next day and put in my IVA-W505. I'd let it go for $100 shipped if you want it.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
if you go with another oem cd player remember the memory needs to sync with the cars brain. as for the gmos you will need it if you dont want to hack up the factory harness or if you want to keep the chimes.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
14 Posts
If you do replace your headunit you will absolutely want an adapter. It's dangerous to operate your car without chimes. You won't be alerted to leaving the parking brake on or leaving your keys in the ignition if you skimp on a proper adapter.

I'm not sure if they still do it, but when I bought my Clarion Crutchfield threw in the GMOS-01 for half price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.