Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am about to order Marks 2.5 inch lift kit... I have no clue what I am doing haha.... I have been searching around and cant really find any how toos on it? Does anyone know if there is one on the site?

Also what tools do I need?
I talked to mark and he said I will need a....
Air Compressor... What for???
Impact Rench
Strut Spring Compressor.... How much do they cost to rent?
Pitman Arm Puller.... What is this haha?:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks for ANY help!!!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Ever visited your local auto parts store, Sears, or Harbor Freight? Got friends who have been collecting tools for a while? Any mentors in your life?

·
Banned
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
7,255 Posts
If you do not know where to get these tools, will you have complete trust in your abilities to use them on your own vehicle? Not trying to be a smartass, but safety is not an area to compromise.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Oh, man, and I was so holding back to answer that way to the NEXT question. ;)

Seriously, are you putting on this lift for appearance only? If you want to use it offroad, you're not ready. Find a mentor. Internet forums are very inefficient at that process.

We could answer every question you put to us, but at some point, you have to start work and just do it. With help or on your own. Basically a lifted vehicle can get stuck in far worse situations than unlifted ones. We'd rather you NOT get in over your head, and asking basic tool questions is usually a sign of jumping the gun.

·
Registered
2004 isuzu ascender
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want it for off-roading... sorta haha. I live in Iowa and we sometimes have very larges amount of snow fall over a single night. So I would like the extra ground clearence to not get hung up so much, I also want it going on so slightly more aggresive trails that go to our lake house. So not so much for the "hard core" off roading.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts