Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I'm planning on painting my calipers, but dont know what color would look good with a blue SS. Im planning on having it say ss on the front calipers and just plain for the back. Please let me know what you guys think on color ideas. Thanks Again:thx

·
Banned
chevy
12,260 Posts
Hey, I'm planning on painting my calipers, but dont know what color would look good with a blue SS. Im planning on having it say ss on the front calipers and just plain for the back. Please let me know what you guys think on color ideas. Thanks Again:thx
I still think red is the way to go if you want them noticed. The silver and blacks just blend in and nobody ever notices them. I am getting ready to do mine in red. Just need a day with less humidity to paint them.:cool:

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yeah I think the red would look best on the Blue SS especially if your doing the chrome SS decals :thumbsup: Everyone has red but thats because it looks best IMO.

·
Registered
2006 chevy
2,079 Posts
Any color is better than rust.. Had to say it.. lol

I used Flat black BBQ grill paint on my old gtp, looked great and was cheap $4.00. I used a wire brush on my drill to remove rust, and sprayed on brake cleaner. 3 coats later I was done.. I had enough to do my Rotor centers, Calipers, and bracket. Looked Good, but wasn't something noticed at shows. But still didn't grab your eye like rust..

·
Registered
2006 chevy
471 Posts
Just remember our brakes are hella dusty and you will get lots of dust in hard to reach areas. Mine are silver & black but to do it again I would go all back.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
25 Posts
I can post some pics, of my black SS but i did mine in the Red Dupli Color kit, works really well and mine were also with the White SS decals on them. Im at work but later ill post em up.

·
Registered
2007 chevy
97 Posts
My original choice would be red, but black looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
114 Posts
If you want to use red, by all means, make your calipers red :thumbsup:
I ended up getting "Grabber Green", because I'm *attempting* to get my Trailvoy all black/ green.

If you cannot find a good color in caliper paint, take a look at Engine Enamel. I'm not sure if theres more variety, but it works just as good :yes:

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ss_ls
155 Posts
I used VHT spray Hi-Heat engine enamel, copper metallic.Looks great against the black body paint. Baked the roters in the oven, everything else cured on the job, only need 200 degrees, plus I clear coated and it all came out crisp. Not thick and chunky like some paint ons can.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts