Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I Have a 06 trailblazer LS 4x4 with factory class III hitch and Factory 7 prong harness. I have been towing with it for awhile and my right turn signal has never worked. I always thought it was the trailer intill today, while I was rewireing the trailer I found that I have no power to the wireharness for right turn signal. Has anyone ran into this problem?

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
273 Posts
I'm sure Rodie will correct me if I am wrong, but there are seperate circuits for your vehicle marker lights/blinkers and the trailer lights. Have you checked the fuses under the hood/rear seat. there should be fuses for the trailer wiring. make sure they are all good first.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
23 Posts
Cool thread.

I have a similar challenge on a 2007 TB I just bought. It was supposed to come with the towing package, and does have the 7-pin jack for trailer wiring. I got an adapter to connect to the four-pin connector for my boat trailer ... nada. No brake lights, no turn signals. Trailer lights work fine with my wife's vehicle, so the trailer is fine.

Would it be typical for the fuses to all be shot on a late model vehicle, or are there other things that should be looked at?

Thanks!

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
If a vehicle isn't used for towing, typically the trailer fuses are stolen to fix ones that the goofball previous owner blew.

Or the adapter is bad or the vehicle's ground is bad.

You have a meter and know how to use it? Just measure the voltages at the trailer adapter.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
No meter.
Working on a modern vehicle like trailvoys is so much easier with a meter. You can find them on sale at Harbor Fright for $2. Then read up on how to use them, practice for a bit, cultivate a friend who knows electrical things and learn from them.

It's an essential talent to have in this century to be able to measure volts, amps, and Ohms. And know what the terms mean.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.