Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are numerous threads on here related to this topic, and I have spent numerous hours researching and trying to fix this with no luck. My rear wiper, rear defrost and license plates lights are out. I have checked the rubber boot that runs through the lift gate and all the wires seem to be intact. The reason why I don't believe that is the problem is because people have said if that is the problem my remote door locks would not work and they do. I have tested the orange wire at the rear wiper motor and the license plate harness and they both have no power. I haven't tested the rear deforest because I'm not sure how to. This has been a huge headache for me and any help would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Mike

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
6 Posts
Remote door locks shouldn't be affected as I've understood. Just remove the boot and pull the cables and you'll see. Takes you just a couple of minutes.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the quick response. So you'd recommend just removing the boot and pulling each wire individually? I am not sure what I would do to repair this.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
6 Posts
I'd say it's the black ground wire that's broken at least. If you disconnect the connector inside the lift gate and also disconnect the small hose for rear washer fluid then you can slide the boot of the cables. You'll see what wire that you need to solder together. Hard part is to get the boot back over the cables and hose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts