Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys last night i was installing my Line Out Converter. I had already ran my power last week at a different time so that when i recieved my LOC I could just throw it in and be good to go. At first i was going to tap my speaker wires behind the Head Unit, but after pulling that out i realized I was not sure which wires were my speaker wires and came and checked the boards to find out the amp was in the rear. So I tapped my Left and right +- speaker wires back there and the remote turn on as well. So i get the dash put back together start hooking up my amp, put the fuse in my power cable running from the battery and jump in to turn on the truck and it turns on but my radio doesnt come on, my heating air unit doesnt come on and neither does the command center..... Any Ideas??? One simple little install has me feeling sick to my stomach.... Any help would be appreciated guys.Thanks!

·
Registered
12 Posts
sounds like you ran a tap to the class II serial wire. instead of the speaker wire.
Check the DK blue wire..

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,436 Posts
Our radio and amps don't have remote turn on wires. They all speak in serial packets on the class II data link. That goes to all of the more than dozen intelligent modules in the vehicle. Your rear wiper is probably also dead, which is one of those horribly confusing sorts of symptoms. Door locks - windows - etc.

Just take out what you put in, and read the stickied thread about adapters. You may need a more intelligent converter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys i will double check those things tonight.. One thing i do know is after that happened I was like crap and unhooked all my wires from my LOC and tried it again and I still had no luck. Will I need to unhook the battery for a couple minutes to let things reset or what do I need to do there?? Also where is the best spot to get a remote turn on? I used the sticky at the top with "My Amp Install" and i tapped the pink wire in the top harness. Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.