Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Let me start off by first saying hi to all, this is my first post. Now that thats out of the way, on to the problem. I have a 2003 TB with 4.2 I6, has roughly 83,500ish miles on it. Now here's the problem, I randomly stall. Sometimes when im just sitting there like in traffic and sometimes like today when i give it gas. Now, it started about 2 months ago or so, but doesnt do it all the time, once a month maybe twice at the very most. The idle is good on it and always steady, just stalls every so often. Before everyone gets worked up I already did a search and did find some good advice. But nothing that pertains to just stalling.

I have already taken off the throttle body and cleaned it till it was spotless. It seemed to work fine after that, nice pick up and all. I"ve asked a mechanic about it and he said to start with the small things first. Check the air filter, spark plugs, fuel filter things like that. Then worst case scenario is i might need a new fuel pump because it might be starting to go. As far as i know everything on the truck is origional (bought from a hole in the wall dealer). Does any of this sound right. Im at my wits end here and about to rip out my hair :worried:.Right now i would accept any advice anyone would be willing to give.

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
183 Posts
Fuel pump is definately a contender....Fuel preasure regulator is another possibility. But I've had a prevoius problem where my fuel fliter was plugged causing the fuel pump relay to over heat and cut out. When was it last changed???:undecided

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fuel pump is definately a contender....Fuel preasure regulator is another possibility. But I've had a prevoius problem where my fuel fliter was plugged causing the fuel pump relay to over heat and cut out. When was it last changed???:undecided
Never thought of the fuel pressure regulator, i"ll have to check that out tomorrow too. I was just talking to my dad and thats exactally what he told me about the fuel filter too. As far as when it was changed last, i have no idea... :(. Well looks like im going shopping for a new fuel filter and air filter tomorrow. And while im at it i"ll check on the price for a fuel pressure regulator, doesnt hurt to know ahead of time, lol... Thanks for the help guys, i'll have to post again andlet you know what happened

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.