Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed a new radio in my 02 tb and it worked fine, but i didn't have electrical tape when i did the a few days ago so i used hockey tape for the time being. today i replaced all the hockey tape with electrical tape and when i went to turn on my car, the dashboard worked, but the stereo, the rear wipers, the 4wd, the temp controls and the headlight controls all did not light up and did not work. anyone have an idea of what i may have done or what i can do to fix it? thanks for your help.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Some fuse or fuses are surely blown. I could look them up but it will be instructive for you to go through them all to be familiar with their locations - mostly the circuits you mention are fused by the rear fuse block under the rear seat.

I have to mention that even electrical tape is not a suitable connector tactic. :nono: Get crimp splices and the tool to crimp them. Tape gets hot, unwraps, and you'll be seeing a lot of your fuse block as a result.

Hockey tape? Really? :rolleyes:

PS: The radio power wire is always live, even when the ignition is off. Not knowing this leads to a lack of caution when splicing this wire, IME. Were proper harnesses that don't need splicing unavailable or unaffordable?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what i did was conect the the harness adapter to the the aftermarket stereo wires. so i'm not really sure what went wrong with it.

a friend and i checked the fuses but didnt see any that looked blown. could they be blown and still look intact or do you thnk it is something else?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so i found out tonight that while jeff was re conneting the battery after the initial reinstall he let the torque rench fall and connect to the positive connection on the fuse box while it was attached to the negative battery terminal. he said it sparked and i'm sure that was the cause of this problem. any ideas on what it could be or how to fix it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts