Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so i got a new amp for my mids and highs...got tired of hearing distortion thru my speakers blasting 33/35vol. with stock speakers(speakers wired to hu FOR NOW)..hopefully the amp makes things MUCH better and louder..i need ideas to wire up the amp in my TB...i want this amp to hide and not be noticeable...i was thinking under my seats but not sure if it will have enough air for it to be cool:cry::ugh:...also the glove box..but dont know yet..i cant wire it behind the rear because dont have enough room...i got my bass amp,battery(ies)..(amp wide as fack)also box is wide..and have a little bit of room for grocery stuff when i go out. the amp is 13-1/2"W x 11"H x 4"D. so any ideas would help..i know theres creative people here..i seen alot of nice stuff!..thanks!:thx:grouphug:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what about under one of the rear trim panels

i have put aftermarket amps where the oem amp was on a few different GMC Envoys, im sure its similar
thought about that but im thinking the amp is not gona have air to be cool...my box is gonna be covering it...but ill give it a try and see how it goes...anyone else?..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what amp is it, some tollerate lack of airflow better then others

i have had amps where they could literally get zero airflow before
amp i have is Rockford Fosgate Punch P400-4...i want it as close to the front because im low on speaker wire so..but if i cant then im just gona have to buy more wires..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
pics?

it sounds like a good idea, but the amp cannot distribute the heat very will, and eventually overheat.
ill post pics tomorow its already dark and dont have batteries for camera...

it doesnt really heat up brotha...i played it mostly for 2 hours..it got warm a lil yeah but that was all...also the AC you know it has for your feet on the rear. i dont know what you call it..lol..haha..well i also use that and it leaves it COLD..haha...ill just post pics tomorow so you could understand me more..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
front without the seat..PAIN IN THE ASS!..seat was heavy as hell!

tried to cover all the wires...

the heavy mofo seat!..FTL!..haha

cheapO dual amp...RF amp i was gonna use sold it...im gonna use this for now..

sanded paint off for better contact ground

done and wired up..cant hardly see the wires :woohoo:

amp under the seat....is UN-NOTICEABLE!..sounds way loudER and cleaner...

vid will be up n a while...CAMERA PHONE QUALITY FTL!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hS0_GEQvVY <<vid if people wana see

1 - 17 of 17 Posts