Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did the search for replacing the rear spring on my envoy. Found a thread but it veered off the subject byt he 8th post or so.

I am planning on installing the GF 1085 kit on it with some Bilstein HDs. I had the truck up in the air on saturday but coulndt ge the huevos to start loosing up the control arms or panhard bar to see if that'll do anything for the springs. So i just went ahead and replaced the shocks, simple enough. Im asking for your assistance because the shop im planing on taking is going to charge me $160 for the front struts and $80 for the rear spirngs, AND if i had them do the shocks too it was gonna be an extra $80.

So once again, if the "how-to for rear springs" tread is out there please post the link, or out of the kindness of your heart :cry: plz explain what needs to be loosend, removed, compressed or wished upon to make this happen.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
625 Posts
You were so close it's not even funny. When i replaced my rear springs i put the back of the truck up on jack stands on the FRAME so the rear wheels were hanging 3- 4 inches off the ground then i put a jack under the rear axle and put some pressure on the rear axle unbolted the bottom shock bolts and lowered the axle and the springs fell right out.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
826 Posts
You were so close it's not even funny. When i replaced my rear springs i put the back of the truck up on jack stands on the FRAME so the rear wheels were hanging 3- 4 inches off the ground then i put a jack under the rear axle and put some pressure on the rear axle unbolted the bottom shock bolts and lowered the axle and the springs fell right out.
Yup ,its that simple CHINGON81 ,,bottom shock bolt and the rear end will drop down,,,

PS, Always block the front wheels when working with the rear off the ground

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_sle_xl
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
bottom shock bolt and the rear end will drop down
:duh: , I was thinking of that, but i did one side at a time since it was my first time doing anything like this. I think that is why i could not visualize things happening as they should. I guess that'll be my project for next weekend. Ill take the truck then and have them just do the front. thanks alot, u just saved me some loot now witht the money i saved ill get the panhard bar.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
940 Posts
When I put the rear 2" lift spacers on my rear axle, Regulator1175 helped me, and to get the rear spring loose, we put a jack between the frame and the axle. It was wierd, but it worked. Here is a link to the thread with the picture: Picture #5. Of course the shock was disconnected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts