Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I'm about to put my intake on but before I do I need to know what is this hose for ?? :(
I dont have anyplace to put it on the new tube. :eek:
AHHH.

Help me Please :suicide:

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Yeah! I noticed that on my 2005 4.2L as well :confused: . It's not anything to do with fuel injection. IIRC- it looks like it's routed to the firewall?!?

Joel

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
venom blk said:
that is your fuel injector hose. what kind of intake is it? some, like my k&n intake you have to drill a hole in the tube.

It's just a noname intake... I put it in but didnt hook it up. everything fits and everthing hooks up but that hose.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
2,232 Posts
My '02 does not have that. Possibly it supplies filtered air to the A.I.R. smog pump they added to the I6 in '05? ('02 doesn't have a smog pump either)

·
Registered
872 Posts
It's the air injection hose. The '04 and newer Trailvoys have it. Check out the instructions on K&N's site for their intakes and it will show you what they do to attach this hose.

I bought an intake on ebay and it didn't have that connection on the tube. I went to Advance auto an bought a grommet and drilled a hole in the tube. I got a 90 degree fitting that fit the tube from Home Depot. You have to cut off the end of the hose to put the fitting in.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Ah.. thanks fellas, THAT'S what that hose feeds. Now I gotta find the blower that it leads to so I know where it is when it breaks! :undecided

Joel

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
COOL!! That's the same intake I got, it's awesome, never had a problem with it :D That's the MAF sensor. It only comes on 04+ trailvoys. I think you can just drill a hole for it :yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts