1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I need help.
I put a new transmission in my TB this weekend and that went okay (I will never do that again)

So now I have a squeak, it sounds like rubber and metal, almost like a bushing is going. The noise sounds like it's coming out near the drivers feet, but I can't find anything in the area that would make noise. I have checked everything on or near the trans, that's fine. It sounds suspension related..... when you hit a bump or rock the car you can hear it. I'm sure it had something to do with having it on jackstands without the crossmember in overnight.

Anyone have any suggestions? It's driving me batty!:crazy:

Thanks!
Jay

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
That can be hard to find, but try this: spray with WD40.

2 ways to tackle the problem.

Spray everything, under the truck, in the area of the squeak.

Spray one thing at a time until the squeak goes away (my preferred method, but takes longer).

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That can be hard to find, but try this: spray with WD40.
Tried that, the truck is nearly dripping with wd40 :D

Also tried the hood "bumpers" not that either.... nothing is that easy for me!
On the brighter side, my 4wd started working again.... that's been broke for nearly 20k miles... I swear mine was built on a Friday.

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Can you bounce the corner up and down enough to get it to squeak?

That has worked for me before, helps to pin-point if you can hear it when outside.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you bounce the corner up and down enough to get it to squeak?
Yep If you bounce the drivers side front it does it. I still can't pinpoint where it's coming from. When you are in the drivers seat it sounds like it's coming from your feet, by the pedals. But there is nothing there (that I saw) that would squeak. It's like my squeak is a ventriloquist.

·
Premium Member
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
268 Posts
I have had a front end squeak now for over a year, usually just when starting off and coming to a stop,..I did the wd-40 thing....nothing, then by chance I found it, believe it or not on the inside of the bumper cover is a molded styrofoam like filler and for some unknown reason, maybe a fender bender (or a bumper bender) the foam rubs against the frame inside ..........I havent decided yet how to correct it, maybe take the bumper cover off and wrap the foam in saran wrap and reinstall to see what that will do........thats one of those saturday afternoon sixpack jobs ...I will keep you posted

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just sprayed the control arm bushings... was not that. I swear it sounds like it coming from under the car by the drivers feet

·
Registered
2009 chevy
6,431 Posts
Just sprayed the control arm bushings... was not that. I swear it sounds like it coming from under the car by the drivers feet
You need to get your head under there while someone bounces the truck (hope you have a small head ) :crackup:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You need to get your head under there while someone bounces the truck (hope you have a small head ) :crackup:
I had my step dad under there, (I'm 6'8" and 260lbs.. not gonna fit) lucky for him, he is MUCH smaller than I. He's at a loss too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts