Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an '04 Trailblazer with the standard issue electric door locks. Recently, when using the factory remote or inside controls, the liftgate will not unlock.
You can hear the servos trying to move the control arm to unlock it, but alas, no go.

This makes the rear cargo area unusable. I have climbed in the back and popped off the access port in an effort to manually unlatch it. It worked once, then the system worked for a week, then back to the same problem, except I cannot get it to manually unlock now..

Any ideas out there?

Cheers,

Rick

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
2 Posts
Liftgate Help!

I had the same problem just this week. After our trip to Cape Cod the liftgate would not open. I did the manual unlock and release thing and then I removed the liftgate interior panel. Fine dust everywhere! Even though I heard the 'clunk' of the actuators, the mechanism was frozen. I used a little WD-40 and the parts loosened up. I gave it a few extra shots to rinse away as much dirt and grime as possible. All is fine so far. Good luck.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
357 Posts
Do a Search above on "Liftgate Lock" and you'll find plenty of help; specifically, go to this thread and scroll down for several detailed pictures: http://forums.trailvoy.com/showthread.php?t=58653&highlight=liftgate+lock

C.B.

CORRECTION: Unfortunately, I can't delete wrong info! The above specific url I posted refers to the liftgate glass rather than the whole door. But if you do the Search I mentioned, you'll find plenty of help.

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt
357 Posts
Thanks, Roadie. What I was referring to was the inability to Delete the post and start all over again which would have been my preference. One of the Motorcycle Forums I visit has a Delete option right alongside the edit option. The only proviso is that you do it within 30 minutes of the original post.

C.B.

At least give me a Gold Star for recommending Search!:tiphat

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.