Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so the other day as i was driving my engine light came on so i took it to get it read and it poped a 3b301 code which they told me was a cyl 1 misfire and to change the plugs which i did so after driving for a few miles it poped on again so i took it back to see what it was and same thing so they recomended a coil change to which this time i payed attention to the little letters on the side of the engine which read fire order so i swaped the coil to cyl 1 and also cleaned the thottle body which i can't remember who from here recomemded but thanks and d/c the battery and took the TB off and cleaned it and went from there now i get a rough idle and a sputtering from the engine any have any suggestions on what to do next oh and i have been using a top grade fuel from chevron and injectector cleaner help me please

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,708 Posts
Do to the dirty throttle body cleaning and the DC battery the PCM is back to square one. Give it 50 miles or so and it should smooth out, as it relearns.

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Welcome! I think you skipped the part of school that covered essential punctuation, though. :nono:

Anyway, how long has it been since you cleaned the throttle body and reconnected the battery?

It often takes an hour or two of driving to get the PCM to relearn the throttle body's new performance and to idle nicely.

RATS! Second to Robert this time.....:raspberry

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well, unfortnatly it's been close to about 100-150 miles driven with the problem everyone that i have talked to said to drive it and it should smooth out and hasen't yet i'm wondering if it is something larger wrong since i have aquired a sound like my engine has been swapped out with a prop-job lol what to do next

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
434 Posts
It is possible you did not get a the coil boot on correctly, or still have a bad coil.
You buy a new coil and replace, one at a time, the ones you swapped. Also try a lower grade fuel, meaning if you are using a 92/93 octane, try 89.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
well, unfortnatly it's been close to about 100-150 miles driven with the problem everyone that i have talked to said to drive it and it should smooth out and hasen't yet i'm wondering if it is something larger wrong since i have aquired a sound like my engine has been swapped out with a prop-job lol what to do next
If you mean the engine makes a roaring sound, like a jet engine, that seems like a fan clutch going/gone bad.:m2:

·
Registered
2003 gmc envoy_slt_xl
270 Posts
Return the coil you changed its location to its original one. I understand that you have a bad or loose connection AND a bad coil. When you changed the location of the coil, you got a good coil with a bad connection, and another good connection with a bad coil. Thus, you ended up with two cylenders malfunctioning rather than only one. In addition, by now you might have damaged the Cat because of running on bad firing. So don't expect to immediately fix the problem if you change the coils.

After returning the coil, get a new one and replace the Cyl 1 coil and check. If it's OK, then congratulations and there's only a bad coil. If it's not OK, then the connection (plug and wires) needs to be checked for loose wiring or cut lines.

Good luck

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.