Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, long time lurker here.

Yesterday I cleaned my Throttlebody and air intake sensor. When removing the wire harnesses and tubes to the air resonator/manifold I heard a snap. I ended up breaking this brittle tube that has a rubber boot (to an aluminum tube) and seen in the pictures has a right angle connector the the air intake system. I used electrical tape as a really temporary fix because I needed to drive it but I need help identifying what the part is and where I can buy it the quickest to get it replaced.

**part identified as PCV Valve Tube.
Can this be replaced with a length of tube and hose clamps? (Without ripping apart mine and learning the hard way) Autozone says they don't sell it anymore/not available. And I don't see the specific part/tube shape anywhere else that says its compatible with my TB.

I'm guessing this is part of the broken tube, but after highway driving the rpm idle is staying 1800-2000

Thanks
Engine Pipe Automotive fuel system Automotive engine part Nut

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,515 Posts
That is likely apart of the PCV system. Also likely not related tomyour high idle.

I have read that after a throttle body cleaning the 5.3 on a silverado requires a throttle relearn that requires a high level scantool. I am not sure if this applies to the 5.3 in the GMT360/370.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is likely apart of the PCV system. Also likely not related tomyour high idle.

I have read that after a throttle body cleaning the 5.3 on a silverado requires a throttle relearn that requires a high level scantool. I am not sure if this applies to the 5.3 in the GMT360/370.
I did pull the Fuse 10 and 26 for the PCM for 15 mins. A video I watched said this should make it relearn the throttle. If this isn't the case, will it relearn on it's own over time?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,515 Posts
I don't know. I saw a video that said for a 5.3 silverado it HAS to be done with a high end scantool. But I don't know if that applies to the Trailblazer/Envoy/etc 5.3 since it is not the same engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know. I saw a video that said for a 5.3 silverado it HAS to be done with a high end scantool. But I don't know if that applies to the Trailblazer/Envoy/etc 5.3 since it is not the same engine.
Alright, Thank you for the help.

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
240 Posts
**part identified as PCV Valve Tube.
Autozone says they don't sell it anymore/not available. And I don't see the specific part/tube shape anywhere else that says its compatible with my TB.
White Line Font Black-and-white Monochrome

If I understand correctly You are looking for pipe number 700. This part is numbered GM P/N 12594124
Sold on ebay for 7$

·
Registered
Trailblazer 2008 LTZ (4.2L) (Destroed) :((. Now Trailblazer SS (2006)
240 Posts
I also faced the need to buy this tube. For engines LH6 5.3L and LS2 6.0L It really is no longer produced and the leftovers on ebay are already sold out. :(

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
1,485 Posts
Couldn't you just use some fuel system/pcv system rated hose to go between the two ends?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts