Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 06 TB with the 4.2. The engine was knocking so I bought a used engine. It is out of a 2005. Since the head design is different along with one of the sensor locations, I re-routed the wiring to the "new location". I swapped out the fuel rail because they were different. Once it was finally done, it started and rand for several minutes. Over the course of the next 24 hours, it started up with no issues. It was insanely loud because on removal, we cut out the catalytic converter. Here is the odd part. Once we reattached the exhaust, it would not start. The fuel pump is no longer coming on. It is throwing several different codes.

P0013 (exhaust camshaft position actuator circuit open)

P0118 (engine coolant temperature circuit high imput)

P0230 (fuel pump primary circuit)

P0366 (camshaft position sensor B circuit range performance)

P0412 (secondary air injection Switching valve A circuit)

Engine cranks, but will not start. I have switched the camshaft position sensor with the old one and also replaced the fuse box under the hood. Still, no starting and the fuel pump is not working. I do not think it is getting power to the fuel pump. Please help!!!

Also, the fuel gauge is not working. It shows no fuel with the warning light after adding approximately 9 gallons

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Found a loose ground. When tightened, it sparked and now, it will not crank.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
4 Posts
PCM?

I don't own a Trailblazer yet, but through my research...
I believe beginning in 2006 the TB has a different PCM from previous years.
This seems to be evidenced between the core return amount when looking at PCM for Less's options, and just from other forum posts.

Did you swap your PCM for a 2005 PCM? Not even sure that you could without some other changes.

Also the 2005 engine doesn't have an electric fan. Not sure that swapping a 2005 engine into your 2006 was the best move.

Other members, please do correct me if I spread misinformation. I am new.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(Solved) the issue was the battery to frame to engine block ground wire. Where the wire meets the frame, there is a clip that is built onto the wire that bolts onto the frame near the drivers side wheel well, that was broken. Tried to clamp it with a clip I bought from Advance Auto but it did not fix the problem. I bought one from a local salvage yard (dealer could not get one for over a week because no one had it locally).

·
Registered
2006 saab 9_7x
450 Posts
Thanks for updating your problem and posting the solution. By the way, welcome to the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts