Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And now when I idle my envoy it will suddenly drop in rpm almost to 0 and then spike back up!

I went form the stocl exhaust to a dual system set-up. I think they are three inch pipes. Also being how I am such a compulsive on the spot buyer I just purchased the nicest looked exhaust system without knowing what type it was or who manufactured it. I believe he said Flowmaster. someone please give me some input i know its sketchy information but I'm hoping that someone will recognize the problem and help me out with some good information! Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Maybe its nothing to do with your exhaust system...have you ever cleaned the throttle body on your Envoy.......if not check out the articles section on how to do it yourself......It fixed my idling issue......Good luck!!

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
:iagree:
also maybe the truck hasn't recognized the new exhaust yet?
the truck not recognizing the new exhaust has nothing to do with the rpms going to 0 then up. When i first got my borla exhaust everything was normal as usual.

What kind of exhaust did you get?

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
331 Posts
Flowmaster

I just purchased the nicest looked exhaust system without knowing what type it was or who manufactured it. I believe he said Flowmaster.

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Take some pics first man! And before you do that, pop the hood and pull the negative battery cable for 35 mins. That will reset the ltft and stft (long and short term fuel trims) and you should be much better off.

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
34 Posts
Id say drive it more, and let it relearn the fuel curve, resetting might help, like someone stated, ultimately though it will relearn on tis own, although resetting will prolly be quicker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts