Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:crazy:Have been looking for outside temp sensor for the last hour. I know where to look and what to look for but it's not there!! I did find a two wire boot that is bright green and powder blue with a light brown and another green wire with black stripes.. The boot is just hanging there unattatched..Is it possible the sensor was removed and the wire left hanging.. I've searched all threads pertaining to the sensor so if it was there, I'm sure I would have found it..:crazy:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Are you looking for it because it's failed?

That's the expected color code, all right. You've been slimed. :sadcry:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yep

Just bought it and the outside temp reads 9 C, whatever that is in US?? Anyway, I was just out there again cause it's pi**ing me off. There is a hole on the plastic crap excactly where it should be, no sensor.. Going to phone the stealership today and they can send me a sensor...:suicide:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
On the auto HVAC control system, 50 degrees F is the default display for a missing or dead sensor. On the systems with the display on the rear view mirror, it just says "NC"

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
degrees

Just did the three finger reset and it's showng -39 celcius.. Thats friggin cold -38 something US (farenheit)SP?? . Sensor is not even there i'm thinking..

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
LOL.............its only -3 degrees where I am........your sensor is acting up...........:weird:

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt_xl
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks

Thanks, it's good to know your not losing it at the old age of 58..Phewww. Dealership is supposedly sending it out asap..They did check it though, yea right!!!!

·
Northwest Chapter
11,824 Posts
Yep, plug the sensor in and reattach it to the upper radiator mount where the hole is. Do the reset procedure, it will take a little while to reset and then normal out to the proper temp. Replaced mine on my 02 last summer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts