Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To make a long story short, my battery died, and in the process of pushing my TB back into my garage, the driver door was left open. The door hit a tree while moving backward and bent it too far forward. Further proof that vehicles and trees don't mix.

I'm not worried about the dent it left on the door, but (as pictured below) it bent the hinges forward. Now, the door hits the quarter panel anytime it's opened or closed. Does anyone have any suggestions for straightening out these hinges? They are welded to the body, so it doesn't seem like something I can simply replace.

I tried hitting it with a heavy hammer and a deep socket, but it isn't enough force to push it back. There doesn't appear to be a good angle to pry it either, as it would be pulling outward on the quarter panel. Does anyone have any suggestions for knocking these hinges back into place? Or is there a way to remove the inner part of the hinge? Any help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer 4wd,4.2L,Indigo Blue Metallic
2 Posts
Put the door back on.Place a short (6 inches or so)length of a 2x4 in the front door jamb between the upper and lower hinge and push on the door as if you want to shut it.This should strech the hinges back where need be to close the door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts