Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum so any help would be appreciated. I recently put a new set of pirelli's on the TB, got them for $120 each and free shipping at discount tire direct. Had a local shop throw them on for $50. Ever since my TB has felt very loose through the entire vehicle. Especially at highway speeds over bumps and other road hazzards almost to the point where it feels the suspension wants to fall out. the entire vehcile will shake, similar to wheel hop on a pickup. Steering response is great, just the suspension feels extremely loose and almost a little dangerous.

Does anyone have suggestions on what the issue may be? I would prefer not to let it sit at a shop and have them feed me some b.s about needing this and that, lol. I am thinking maybe an alignment or new sway bars...

All opinions are appreciated.

Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_lt
713 Posts
need more info...

did you put them on stock wheels? or larger ones?

what size, and is the tire pressure correct?

I just ask because if they are performance tires on, say, 22 inch rims, the ride will be more stiff and cause the suspension to feel that way sometimes - especially on rough roads (michigan roads here)...

be sure to fill out your user CP, so we know what we are dealing with when it comes to your ride. Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
326 Posts
just for future reference, fill out your vehicle info, so we will be able to better help. Did the vehicle do this before the new tires? Have you checked your sway bar end links?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
122 Posts
Did you double-check to make sure the lug nuts are tightened?? I had a friend take her car in for new tires and they barely tightened the lugs on the front wheels! :duh: Coulda been disastrous.

·
Registered
2007 buick rainier
328 Posts
Might be the reason you got them at that price. Were they new or takeoffs from a new car? It's possible one or more of them might be defective.
Sorry didn't read that you got them thru Discount Tire.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
Every tire brand has a different way it will ride.....I am not too familiar about Pirelli but I know that they can be costly depending on the type..........after 150km of driving I would suggest you go back to the shop and get your bolts retorqued....they will loosen up overtime and can be a hazard if not torqued to the specified tension(100ft/lbs)......also to look at is if it never felt like that before you took it to the shop I would suggest going back to them as well since they are the ones that worked on your vehicle......also check with the people who you bought your tires from.......ask them if the tires are suppose to be bouncy and how the ride quality is suppose to be....good luck !!

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ls
4,125 Posts
I would check the lugnuts. They could have crossthreaded them enough to not fall out but still hold the wheels on. Jack up the front and check for loosesness by shaking at the 12/6 oclock and 9/3 oclock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts