Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I recently did the trans on my trailblazer and the funny thing is that I managed to ruin 3 wheel studs and lug nuts in the process. Some shop must have rattle gunned those suckers on, because one of the nuts actually split removing it (see photos). I am trying to find replacement lug nuts and studs, but rock auto and other websites all seem to say something different. I know they are a 12x1.5 thread, but as you can see, after the tapered section on mine, they go straight for a bit, unlike the ones rock auto recommends. All the ones that have the straight section are shown to be for after market wheels, which I don't have. I have a 2003 trailblazer ltz 4x4 4.2. It has the same wheels as the one on the top left of this websites home screen.

Here are the studs i've found:
Here are what rock auto recommends for lug nuts:
and this is what my old ones look like:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
63 Posts
Those seem like aftermarket lugs.
Also the wheels are held on by the seat of the nut.
Not determined by the length beyond the seat for the factory wheels

Stay Away from Dorman branding ! Nothing but cheap junk ! Probably whats on there now.

From what i see LTZ factory options below should be it.
ln.JPG

wh.JPG

If you want to double check yourself just stop by the dealership and see what a factory nut looks like.
They most likely have in stock to compare or at least an illustration of it to the ones you have.
After seeing what they have and ask how many you want ? >>>> Just say " Ok i will get back to you on that " :LOL:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts