Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 Envoy and one time I came out of Home Depot and the rear handle broke. I have the panels off of the inside of the trunk currently and I can see that it broke where it hooks around the handle. The part is entirely rusted out and I have been unable to find a replacement part online, if no one know what this is called I will probably go to a scrapyard and take one out of a vechile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check Amazon. I needed a drivers side door handle and I found one on there pretty cheap.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check Amazon. I needed a drivers side door handle and I found one on there pretty cheap.

It's not the handle itself that's bad, it's the linkage that hooks around the handle that pulls on the rest of the mechanism, it completely rusted out. I'll see if maybe I can get a picture of it. The closest thing I can find is a $75 part on Amazon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check out this video, maybe it will help.

Thank you very much, exactly what I was looking for, think I'll take it off and wire brush and paint it, probably put a thin layer of grease on the hinge mechanism too keep it from rusting out again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts