Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this is probably gonna be long but i want you all to get all the info so that hopefully you can help me. I was at the store where my struck was parked for about 2 hours. I come out and my truck mount start. Makes a click noise kinda like when the batery is dead, but battery meter in dash looks good and lights radio everything else seems to have full power. i try it a few more times thinking maybe there just isint enough power to start; I new it wasn't the battery but was really hoping it would be that simple. So after a couple of tries my lcd screen says low oil pressure, i check and dip stick is bone dry. So luckily a women in the parking lot gave me a quick ride to mobile and back for oil. I get back with oil and just for s**ts & giggles I try to start it one more try and it turns over no problem, nothing about oil on screen, oil pressure gauge where it should be and no warning lights. So to be safe I double check my dip stick and its perfect. I'm 16 miles from home (15.5 is high way), i drive my truck and my service engine light (not sure what light it actually is, it's the light at the top just left of the center, picture of an engine but does not have any works that light up.

So when i get home i use my code reader and get:
po335 - crankshaft position sensor A circuit and
po340 - camshaft position sensor A circuit (bank 1 or single sensor)

I actually just checked my codes for the h**l of it a couple weeks ago and there were no codes then so these both just started.

Do you guys have any idea of the cost for the sensors from advanced or auto zone? I'm thinking of dwitching these out for new ones then getting and oil change and engine flush and cleaning the Throutle body. Should that solve this or is there something deeper causing this. Also at my last oil change about 7k miles ago i had an engine flush done.:bonk:

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Ok so this is probably gonna be long but i want you all to get all the info so that hopefully you can help me. I was at the store where my struck was parked for about 2 hours. I come out and my truck mount start. Makes a click noise kinda like when the batery is dead, but battery meter in dash looks good and lights radio everything else seems to have full power. i try it a few more times thinking maybe there just isint enough power to start; I new it wasn't the battery but was really hoping it would be that simple. So after a couple of tries my lcd screen says low oil pressure, i check and dip stick is bone dry. So luckily a women in the parking lot gave me a quick ride to mobile and back for oil. I get back with oil and just for s**ts & giggles I try to start it one more try and it turns over no problem, nothing about oil on screen, oil pressure gauge where it should be and no warning lights. So to be safe I double check my dip stick and its perfect. I'm 16 miles from home (15.5 is high way), i drive my truck and my service engine light (not sure what light it actually is, it's the light at the top just left of the center, picture of an engine but does not have any works that light up.

So when i get home i use my code reader and get:
po335 - crankshaft position sensor A circuit and
po340 - camshaft position sensor A circuit (bank 1 or single sensor)

I actually just checked my codes for the h**l of it a couple weeks ago and there were no codes then so these both just started.

Do you guys have any idea of the cost for the sensors from advanced or auto zone? I'm thinking of dwitching these out for new ones then getting and oil change and engine flush and cleaning the Throutle body. Should that solve this or is there something deeper causing this. Also at my last oil change about 7k miles ago i had an engine flush done.:bonk:

THANKS FOR ANY HELP
Did you add the oil that you bought? Or did just reappear at the correct level? If you didn't add more oil then either the stick was not pushed down all the way the first time or the oil on the stick was just splashed up from the engine running and it is still low.:m2: After only 7k I seriously doubt you need another engine flush.

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_lt
997 Posts
Those codes are not likely causes; they are probably symptoms.

How do you know it wasn't the battery? It sounds like your battery is failing to me. If it's the original battery, I would put money on it. If the vehicle fails to start and the battery voltage drops below 5 volts, the computer loses the crankshaft position. This may be why you got those codes.

If it ran rough for a bit after you got it going (the computer is looking for the crankshaft position and is forced to use a default setting until it finds the actual position) then you certainly had a low voltage situation.

Get your battery load-tested. If it is anywhere under 600 CCA, it is time for a new battery.

Batteries are a normal wear item; it's just not listed as such in the maintenance schedule because it varies so widely from person to person, but they are only good for 4-5 years.

Let us know what you find out.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_denali_xl
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry guys i'll try to clear it up a litle better. But thanks for your insight

first - the Oil
i must of attempted to start my engine 20 times it only flashed low oil pressure one of the times. When i got back with the oil, i attempted to start it again and it turned over fine. Gauges looked good except for the engine light being lit up. i then checked oil as I normally would, shut her off, removed dip stick, wiped clean, reinserted all the way and then checked again. I was a litle bit low but added about half a qt and then checked again and i was good.

Second - the battery
i really don't think it was from the battery, with the key turned to acc my volt meter was right around 13 or so, and that was with 3 amps running my stereo normally. I added an optima yellow top a few months ago.

So im thinking I'm just gonna swap out the sensors this weekend and do a good cleaning to the troutle boby, then i'll see from there

Anyother ideas???????????

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts