Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a factory stereo with an aux button. Doesn't this mean I could connect my iPod with a cable such as this? Or would I have to invest in a more expensive option such as the iSimple.

Also if anyone knows how to install one of these cables to the back of the stereo, that would be great too.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_lt
756 Posts
i believe an AUX cable would work, but i must say the iSimple is awesome. but if a cheap AUX cable would work might as well go cheap it'll be the same result. i only got the iSimple b/c circuit city was having their going out of business sale so it was more than half off. but definately a reccomended product and simple to hook up.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
It's not that simple, you still need an adaptor to connect to the factory radio. If you have the aux button, this piece from soundgate will work

GMPD2 allows direct control from your factory radio, it's a little more expensive then a standard aux adaptor (around 150-170) but with an aux adaptor it doesnt charge your ipod and you control it through the ipod, not the radio

·
Registered
756 Posts
It's not that simple, you still need an adaptor to connect to the factory radio. If you have the aux button, this piece from soundgate will work

GMPD2 allows direct control from your factory radio, it's a little more expensive then a standard aux adaptor (around 150-170) but with an aux adaptor it doesnt charge your ipod and you control it through the ipod, not the radio
whats not simple? the iSimple or another AUX cable? b/c the iSimple couldn't get any easier...it is a plus tho that it charges the ipod and use the radio to pick music. i love it.

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
I'm saying its not as simple as taking an aux cable and you are good to go. It's not a difficult thing to do, but that soundgate part is required to be able to use with the factory radio

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm saying its not as simple as taking an aux cable and you are good to go. It's not a difficult thing to do, but that soundgate part is required to be able to use with the factory radio
true true, but what is this soundgate part for? the aux cable or iSimple? all i needed was the iSimple and good to go..just wondering what this part is?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have no problem controlling through the iPod instead of the factory tuner.

Would I still need to get the soundgate part, or is soundgate just for using the factory tuner?

·
Banned
4,511 Posts
I was looking into the isimple piece, it's the same thing, just made by periferal.

So you would use either one and you are good to go

1 - 8 of 8 Posts