Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i know i needa change the sensor just gunna buy a new one. But The symptons of my truck are it idles like its about to shut off, feel it like its sputtering. can anyone give me any things i should do to diagnose more into the problem? besides changing the sensor? I just baught this truck a few weeks back and i got alot to fix to make it perfect, feel like i got kinda screwed.. i value everyones help here alot and really hope i can get my truck running right. thanks in advance.:hail:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i purchased this vehicle used from a private seller. The vehicle wasn't leaking anything burning anything all gauges were dead nuts center and drove fine... i even drove it for a half hour while test driving it and had no issues... The vehicle was listed on craisgs list when i baught it so i can say i do feel a bit bent over. Besides those codes i mentioned my motor sounds like a F16 ready for take off that is if it dosnt misfire or sputter. i dont want to drive my truck with these codes so its sittin parked till monday when i can dig in. today im going to the parts store to get new spark plugs*what do i gap them to?*, 7 qts of oil, new filter, and air filter and some air intake cleaner * misplaced my first bottle i bought lol*. for starters

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_sle
9 Posts
Ive had the P1345 error code since i bought the vehicle off the previous owner, who says he has been getting it regularly since he bought the vehicle. He said he did an oil change on it just before i bought the vehicle..... Ive just had an oil change and engine flush done, and the code has magically gone away.

I suspect the previous owner has not been telling me the truth.

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
i purchased this vehicle used from a private seller. The vehicle wasn't leaking anything burning anything all gauges were dead nuts center and drove fine... i even drove it for a half hour while test driving it and had no issues... The vehicle was listed on craisgs list when i baught it so i can say i do feel a bit bent over. Besides those codes i mentioned my motor sounds like a F16 ready for take off that is if it dosnt misfire or sputter. i dont want to drive my truck with these codes so its sittin parked till monday when i can dig in. today im going to the parts store to get new spark plugs*what do i gap them to?*, 7 qts of oil, new filter, and air filter and some air intake cleaner * misplaced my first bottle i bought lol*. for starters
The F16 sound is a classic sign of a bad fan clutch.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ive had the P1345 error code since i bought the vehicle off the previous owner, who says he has been getting it regularly since he bought the vehicle. He said he did an oil change on it just before i bought the vehicle..... Ive just had an oil change and engine flush done, and the code has magically gone away.

I suspect the previous owner has not been telling me the truth.
i totally agree. im about to start cleaning the Throttle body and was going to get GUNK engine flush stuff and use it b4 i do an oil change

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
throttle bodys clean, it had a thick black LAYER of crap on it. cleaned it up nicely, shes all put back together now just about. i just gotta head to the store and grab a new air filter cuz this ones shot. then i'll start her up and add the Engine flush stuff run it a bit and time to change the oil! i'll keep you guys posted! BTW Thank you all very much for all the feed back! i'll post a pic of my truck later today! hopefully codes disappear!:crazy:

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
grabbed a KN&N air filter, changed oil, when i got to the filter it was drippin with oil. So i changed the oil sending unit above it, new filter, buttoned it all up. i started the truck up it sounded better but then not even 20 seconds after it started running like **** and the check engine light came up. Code 1345 again. So i turned it off and tried turning it back on again the engine started like nockin bad and sputtering like crazy so i shut her down.:bonk:

So i also got 6 new AC delco spark plugs, and i bought the CMP and CKP sensors. wanted to attempt the spark plugs tomorrow and both sensors. Any suggestions?:suicide::duh:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Are the plugs AC Delco 41-103 iridium? They come pre-gapped.

I think the CKP sensor is by the starter but I'm not sure. The CMP is the one near the front of the engine. I would replace the CMP first and see if the problem goes away, it's easier to change. I've read when you replace the CKP sensor, you might have to get the PCM reprogrammed by a Tech 2 scan tool (that's what my repair manual says) because it may throw a new code. I'm not sure if this needs to be done when replacing the CMP.

Hopefully somebody who has changed one or both can give you a better answer.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
....i started the truck up it sounded better but then not even 20 seconds after it started running like **** and the check engine light came up. Code 1345 again. So i turned it off and tried turning it back on again the engine started like nockin bad and sputtering like crazy so i shut her down.:bonk:.....
You DID disconnect the battery while you cleaned the throttle body, right?

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Yes i did. i almost forgot but before i took the intake off i did? why what woulda happened if i didnt outta curisoty?
The computer would think that the same dirty throttle body was still there, and would be trying to change fuel/air/spark setting to make it run correctly based on that.

Disconnecting the battery for 35-40 minutes lets the computer re-set itself back to factory settings (when the throttle body was new & clean like it is now).

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are the plugs AC Delco 41-103 iridium? They come pre-gapped.
Those are the plugs i got. so they should be gapped already all i gotta do is pop um in?

im gunna disconnect the battery again tomm for abouta hr to play it safe and see what happens and then go from there... I may have connected it within 30 min so i'll see what happens before i start with the plugs and sensors in the afternoon. thanks for all your quick responses guys!:coffee:thumbsup:

i'll keep you all posted! again thx for the replys!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so i let the truck sit about an hour n change disconnected. I reconnected the battery and yet again the truck started ok but i noticed the oil pressure guage jump all the way to 80 slowly climb down to zero, the truck is makin like a chuggin sound and i shut it off and turned it back on it almost stalled the 2nd time i started it and the check engine light came on. same code p 1345 and the idle kinda evened out but was still chuggin. i noticed the exhaust keeps leavin like a huge mark on my drive way each time i start it aswell and it really stinks.. So im at a loss as to what to do.. im guessing change the spark plugs and the sensor in front and see where it gets me? or both sensors? any help here...:ugh:

·
Registered
gmc
117 Posts
the bad smell from your exhaust could be a bad cat, does it smell like rotting eggs? and as for the rest of your problems i hope you find out what the problem is, im faced with the same problem with an 02 tb. i already changed the accelerator sensor,and i am going to clean the t/b when i get it to my place, hopefully it will run good enough to get here, the batt. has been unpluged for maybe 2-3 weeks...lol.

well good luck.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
started the truck today it hasnt ran ina few days and put the code reader on it.. I now got P1345 and P0105... sigh =\

1 - 20 of 38 Posts