Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I have a 2002 Trailblazer without Bose w/ onstar. As of now I have replaced the OEM cd player with a Pioneer DEH-P600UB. I just got some Infinity Kappa 62.9I's for christmas. Here is a link to the infinity page. http://www.infinitysystems.com/car/products/product_detail.aspx?prod=KAPPA62.9I

My question is about which amp i should get. Right now I only plan on amping the front speakers until I get another set for the the rear. When I do get the rear speakers they are going to be the same as the fronts. I am a little new to this stuff but I was planning on a 4 channel amp, I just don't know how much power I need. I don't want to underpower them but I don't want to go way overboard either. The infinity website states that these speakers are rated at 75w RMS @ 2 ohms. So what kind of power should I be looking for in an amp?

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
whatever you do not mount the crossover in the inside of the door,.... you can do it in the door but outside the weather stripping. if you take off the door you will know what i mean. the doors are not water tight, it will rust and/or fail on you just like it did for me. i had the kappa's and they sounded great for my first set.

yes you should get a 4 channel.

what kind of budget?

i loved my kappa's on an alpine amp.
pretty good price: http://techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=8408&aff=72182 and comes with a 2 year warranty

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_lt
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking at spending 150-200 on an amp. I have been looking all over the place to try and find the best deals. Thanks for the help guys! I will let you know what I decide on.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt
107 Posts
Look up the Maxxsonics they make hifonics, crunch, and a couple others i cant remember but they bum.

·
Registered
2002 gmc envoy_slt
3,552 Posts
Look up the Maxxsonics they make hifonics, crunch, and a couple others i cant remember but they bum.

i wouldnt use maxxsonics for the comps. maybe for the sub, but only the bxi series, or if you got some cash the XX or XXV series. and the only crunch i would use is the 3000 cause of its power and is extremely cheap. then again they are always sold out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts