Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_lt
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am looking for someone who lives close to NE Ohio that knows audio inside and out. I have been getting some help from MAY03LT who has helped me a lot but can only do so much over the phone.

Here is my problem - I know very little about audio but I am trying to get a really nice system together. I have bought 2 amps, a crossover (no clue), an Orion box with 2 10's in it, and had all the bose speakers replaced. After all of this I have to say I am very frustrated with the results. I feel like I am wasting money on junk because the business selling methe stuff knows I am clueless so I am getting [email protected] work and buying low end stuff for high end prices.

I know the guy selling me the stuff and his shop is doing the work. He says he is giving me things at cost and doing the work for next to nothing so I don't feel right complaining. I am going to chalk this all up as a learning experience and I want to start over and do things the way I want them done. I am looking for somone who might live close to me or even semi close to help me is doing my system. I will travel to you if need be and compensate you for your work if someone is interested. I live near Youngstown, Ohio so if you are interested you can send me a PM letting me know you're interested and we can go from there.

I just want to say thanks to Andrew for all the help he has given me thus far and I cant wait to meet you in Columbus! I need to get this thing all sorted out before then so I can make you look like a chump :raspberry

-Frustrated TB Driver

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Yeah, its a bad situation. The installer did not give the customer what he wanted.

He did his research, asked the questions, and went to the installer knowing exactly what he wanted - a DSP, a 4 channel amp, comps in the front and coaxs in the rear

Instead

- they added a x-over to the hi level factory bose radio outputs and the system had a nasty noise. they were going to install a noise suppressor:laugh:
- they added front and rear coaxs and were going to install tweets in the dash at a later date:duh:
- they were going to run all the mids and highs (6) off a 2 channel amp:duh:
- they told him he didn't need a 4 channel amp:duh:

I just want to say thanks to Andrew for all the help he has given me thus far and I cant wait to meet you in Columbus! I need to get this thing all sorted out before then so I can make you look like a chump :raspberry
No prob man. You have plenty of time to find a good installer who will take care of you:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Man I wish you were a lil closer to us...
I like making suggestions to my clients, but I don't force them into anything (and all of my suggestions make sense)... Personally I think your installer is an idiot if he wants to run all 6 speakers off of 1) 2 channel amp... And while he may actually be charging you next to nothing for the install (don't know for sure since you didn't say what he did charge) it might have something to do with the fact that he doesn't have any experience either.
I've got a buddy in Medina Ohio (Bill Wolf) that builds his own line of subs and competes in Bass Race/ dB Drag, so if you're willing to take a trip up there I'm sure he'd do a far better job and I can get you the equipment that you need to replace the stuff you need replaced and warranty all of it since I know that Bill will do it right the first time... By the way Aukland knows him and has seen some of his work so between me and him he comes with good references, so let me know if you're interested and I'll give him a ring.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would definitely be interested and Medina isn't that far! I appreciate all the input and look forward to hearing more from you. I am not sure but they even used all the factory wiring and I kinda figured they would run all new but I am not sure if that is even necessary since I really don't know anything about this stuff. I would also like to use whatever I can if it is good and fits the build. If I cant use it then it will just be my loss. Thanks again for the reply!

Was just checking mapquest and you aren't all that far from me. You are about 160 miles away and 155 of it would be all turnpike (set cruise at 75mph zoom zoom) I could be there in no time.

Maybe your buddy in Medina could take a look at what I have and see what my installer as done and then go from there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Yeah I know where Youngstown is... I just figured it a lot closer to go to Medina especially if you had any questions about the install since he's a ton closer.
So what all do you have now? That way I know exactly what we're working with... And you won't be at a total loss as you can always sell what you don't use that you already have.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Well now everybody knows LOL :p
And Man... Now I see why you had so hard a time guiding him Andrew... After talking with Mike on the phone they really hacked the hell outta this install.
Can you believe that they wired the power wire and grounds from one amp to another and then ran it to the fuse panel under the rear seat... OMG!:eek:
These installers shouldn't be allowed to go near a bicycle, let alone a vehicle... No worries though, I'll get our boy here taken care of the right way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2003 trailblazer_lt
9,856 Posts
Well now everybody knows LOL :p
And Man... Now I see why you had so hard a time guiding him Andrew... After talking with Mike on the phone they really hacked the hell outta this install.
Can you believe that they wired the power wire and grounds from one amp to another and then ran it to the fuse panel under the rear seat... OMG!:eek:
These installers shouldn't be allowed to go near a bicycle, let alone a vehicle... No worries though, I'll get our boy here taken care of the right way :thumbsup:
Wow I didn't know they were that bad

Mike is in good hands now:hail:

Now I gotta find some time to help with the build:thumbsup:

Sorry to hear about the bad experience, we'll get ya taken care of
Yeeeahhh booooy! You guys were first on my mind but I thought with you guys being NW that the distance would be to far

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm really thankful to have found this board and those who have been helping me. I look forward to the new sound and equipment. I hope I can get it done while I have time off over the next couple weeks.

This message is to Andrew - these guys are hooking me up with an SPX all in one kit you can see it here http://pepboys.shoplocal.com/pepboys/default.aspx?action=detail&flashbrowse=y&storeid=2314805&rapid=638550&pagenumber=1&listingid=-2090509852&ref=%2fpepboys%2fdefault.aspx%3faction%3dbrowsepageflash%26storeid%3d2314805%26pagenumber%3d1%26rapid%3d638550%26prvid%3dPepBoys-081221 ;)

Now my stuff will be bangin - u feel meh :crazy:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

my duals will crush those...these subs that are so loud they broke my cousins jaw in 2 places
I believe you cuz the flash coming off the front panel in your pic is breaking my eyes :laugh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts