Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

First time poster. I have been starting to do my own work on my 2005 Trailblazer LS. I changed my own oil for the first time last week, and since then have replaced: alternator, idler pulley, spark plugs, brake pads, rotors, caliper brackets, and rear shocks.

I noticed when changing plugs that a rubber cap had been cut and was on a nosel that had suction when the engine is on. I just taped it up. I see in the picture below that there is supposed to be a hose attached. (duh)

Can you please help me identify this part, what it does, and how to replace it?

Thank you,

Michael

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
The hose goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Without it, the pressure of fuel going to your injectors will be higher than it should be. Possibly wasting fuel. Your idle will also go to 900 RPM for some reason I'm not sure about instead of the usual 600.

It should be connected to the resonator as shown in this picture. The place where you have it now is just a vacuum test port, and it should be capped or taped shut.

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your quick response.
That's not the hose I am highlighting. And that is also not a picture of my engine. The piece I am talking about is a vacuum. I have checked it out online and it serves no purpose in the 2005. It is just capped off. Someone must have used a ravor to try to get the cap off, because its cut in half. I just tapped it up.

Thanks again

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_lt_ext
8,770 Posts
That hose goes to a little vacuum thing on the firewall. Locate the exhaust manifold and it should be right on the firewall behind that. The hose runs back to the bar connecting the struts and runs left along it. That's only on the long wheel base trucks. Something to do with the rear HVAC if I remember correctly:undecided

Found pics!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts