Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading your alls post for the last year and finally joined tv I love this site you all are very informative and I hope one day I can really help you all out as much as you have me

I have a 2002 Chevy trailblazer Ltz this is my second one I love tb
I bought this one with problems apparently I got it with 138000 miles in march of 2012 and when I test drove it the SES light came on then went off I didn't really want this one wasn't fond of the two tone but I couldn't find another Ltz anywhere hardly that I liked so after finally deciding to get it and the dealership telling me they could fix the truck and worst case scenario it would be 500$ I said no I will fix it so when I went to get it i took it to advance auto had it scanned it said throttle position sensor so I bought the truck I figured it would be like a 50$ part WRONG as you all know it in the throttle body and its a dealer exclusive part so I got on gmpartsdirect.com and ordered one after a couple months of it doing reduced engine power about 2-3 times a week and that never fully fixed it but narrowed me down to maybe 2 times a month I could deal with that however this last winter it really started getting worse so I put old throttle body back on and no change after a few months and it stalled out completely and I finally got it started I put on a new fuel filter and it ran fine other than the REP issue so I changed the Accelerator pedal position sensor that didn't help I finally got tired of it doing this to me 3-4 times a day some worse with no consistency to why and took to gm well them people don't know anything and act like they never heard of this problem and after 8 hours no answer but they put back on my new throttle body and updated my computer it worked descent for a week or two with no problems then it started happening again and worse well I finally bought me a code scanner (actron code scanner plus) it told me top reported fix is fan clutch so replaced that now I have same problem and it sounds like a jet engine for a couple minutes on starting so now I have been diagnosing with reading reviews and in the last week I have added a good ground to computer and throttle body hoping to fix the ground to computer has helped a lot but not fixed it it seems to act up more when raining or very humid out

That gets you up to date

Questions are

Do you think it's fan clutch
Has anyone had same problem to this extent
Can anyone help me

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
Check out the fan clutch wiring harness. Quite a few people have had problems with wires chafing and intermittently shorting out. One of the wires in the harness is a reference voltage used by the fan clutch and throttle position sensors.
Also, suggest you go to G M T N a t i on . c o m (no spaces), all the experts from here have gone there.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much I have been going there also that's how I was told to do the ground wires but I will keep digging into I am very good at figuring out problems that's in front of me but may take awhile to do so I just hope It's a fixable problem with out buying anymore parts

1 - 3 of 3 Posts