Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to get a 2004 Buick Rainier CXL AWD (I Think) I6 4.2L Engine. I'm not gonna lie, I don't know a whole whole lot about cars, but I know what I like and I have wanted this car since my mother got it. It has gone from my mother to my father and now I am getting rid of my fuel efficient Cavalier to start paying the remainder of the loan (19k) aka 200 more a month than my 2005 cavalier LS Sport is currently costing me. From what my dad has told me the car has a few issues of its own. Less than my Cavalier cause I have abused it. The main thing is that the dashboard gauges have started to go bad. Currently I am told the speedo, the tac, and the gas gauge have all gone bad. I will know more once I pick up the vehicle (sometime next week). Essentially I am a cartard and I have no clue what to look for and what to do to fix these problems or even in know if I am competant enough to do so. That's where you fine people step in.

In other words,
I'm kinda like that really smart kid from high school who doesn't really understand much about fixing things, but it's okay cause I'll let you copy off of me in Math. NEEDS HELP:D

·
Premium Member
9,559 Posts
Welcome aboard. :tiphat

Let me be the first to tell you about the magical search button. It is amazing, you type in a few key words and old threads on your subject pop up... :eek: Try it on some of your issues and you may get the answers real quick..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome aboard. :tiphat

Let me be the first to tell you about the magical search button. It is amazing, you type in a few key words and old threads on your subject pop up... :eek: Try it on some of your issues and you may get the answers real quick..
I tried that, I saw a lot of things about stepper motors.... but I don't know what those really are.

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ltz
4,074 Posts
Welcome....don't take this the wrong way but for 19K I think you could get something else for your $....I don't know all of the circumstances or what not but an 04' for 19k? Wow...with gas prices and all you might be able to get a better deal, for real!:undecided

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After a lot of thought

After a lot of thought, that's what I Decided to do. I love the car but when mom and I were first discussing it I hadn't looked into how much it was actually worth. Mom is not happy, but Dad decided that I was being very responsible about it. He agreed that when I am ready (current car is paid off) he would co-sign for whatever car I wanted as long as I could afford it. I figured that would be a better idea, than trading out one car with no warranty for another. Makes me sad, but I have to be an adult and reasonable about the situation. What helps though..... He agreed to let me babysit his new Avalanche while he was in California for a few months.

~Matthew

1 - 11 of 11 Posts