Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a very helpfull instruction for changing the front brakes ( with pictures)for a Trailblazer. My question is, are the installing of rear brakes similar enough to be able to show it to my hubby for installing the rear brakes? Or is it very different? In which case I did not see any for rear brakes. Help!!!! My rear brakes are getting bad, very noisy grinding noise all the time:eek:.it is making me :crazy: Unfortunately we cannot afford to take it to get it fixed.:no:nono::ugh::sadcry:please help me. It is the only vehicle we have at the moment.:thx

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
:tiphat Welcome :tiphat . The front and rear are very similar. The biggest difference is the emergency brakes in the rear.:m2:

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
2,292 Posts
Welcome:tiphat... rears can be tricky because the Emergency brake SHOES are inside the brake rotor, they tend to hang on to the lip just like old fashioned Drum brakes.:ugh::m2:

·
Banned
2004 gmc envoy_sle_xl
1,239 Posts
One of the most important things to remember when doing a disk pad change on an ABS equipped vehicle is to not compress the piston until you open the bleed screw. Not doing this will send dirty and contaminated fluid into the ABS controller and cause a possible failure. I think that is how I killed the ABS on my Bonneville some time back.

Anyway, welcome to the site and enjoy your ride. :tiphat

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.