Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2003 chevy trailblazer_ls_ext
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just joined yesterday but didn't find the introduction forumn 'til just now. This looks like a great site so I thought I'd give it a spin. I bought my '03 Trailblazer almost a year ago (July) and really love it. It had 2 previous owners (a rental agency and an elderly retired couple). I use it as a daily driver and for towing my '20 ski boat. After hauling the boat around with my old V6 (under) powered 2000 Blazer for 8 years I decided it was time to upgrade. I've put ~16,000 miles on her since bringing her home. I tow my boat approx. 130 miles every other week to the lakes in the valley area.

As for repairs I've had to replace the ignition switch buts that's the only thing that has kept this thing down. I'm reading that this is quite common.

So far mods are on the light side. I've added an external tranny/oil filter inline with the cooler plumbing. It uses the common Ford (I know "YIKES") type V8 engine spin on oil filter. I've used this mod on every truck I've ever owned and it makes a big difference in how clean the fluid stays. I should also mention that I've never had any tranmission failures on any of my vehicles. Two months ago I also did a fluid drain/flush and refill with
Dexron VI. I thought this would be the right direction to go since my engine temp gets up to about ~230*F at times when pulling the boat up long hills. Haven't added an aux tranny cooler yet but thinking strongly in that direction.

Okay, I guess I've rambled on long enough. Hope to talk to you guys more very soon.

Brian

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
916 Posts
Welcome to the site! :tiphat
I see you already did your Profile. That's helpful to the rest of us trying to answer your questions. There are a bunch of great guys & gals on this site with a wealth of knowledge and experiences that are only too happy to share. :grouphug: We will be looking forward to your contributions and feedback as well. :thumbsup: Check out the Site Rules under the Resources Tab to learn the Member Previleges & Responsibilities. Enjoy the site. It's all good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.