Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, my name's Justin, I'm in the AF (looking forward to separating in one year), and I have the unfortunate pleasure of being stationed in North Mississippi. I've been a member of this forum for a while, sniffing around the forums and whatnot, but this is obviously my first post, so I wanted to finally say hey.

I'm looking to (sadly) trade a beautiful, loaded 350z for an earlier model, 4WD Trailblazer very soon to reduce my debt and gain a vehicle with some utility. I've been browsing Autotrader and I ran across this used-car dealership in La Vergne, Tennessee called Triple E Auto Exchange. They have a few TBs that are evidently in great condition and free of rust, for some downright decent prices.

My question is, does anybody have any experience with this place? I'd hate to drive 250 miles to kick some bad tires.

Thanks in advance, and hello to all again!

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
Welcome to the site

Welcome to the site.So before you start drive to look up in Tennessee,how about getting the VIN numbers so you could find the vehicle history.Sometimes a dealer could meet you for part of that cost .I think that one is called carfax. Anyhow I'd ask loads of questions here to find out what all you really want.Plenty of great people at TrailVoy to help. Springbuck:tiphat

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you, everybody, for the rapid-fire, warm welcomes.

I think I'm going to forgo the dealer from far away and stick to my favorite car-trade medium -- private owners. You can always tell what kind of life the vehicle has been through just by meeting and talking to them.

As for what I'll end up getting, like I said I want a 4WD. I want to level the front end (possibly raise both ends just a bit) and throw on some heftier tires. I just want to be able to trail off-road whenever I deem appropriate (not heavily), and also stand out among all those pesky soccer bus Trailblazers.

In faaact, I think I'm gonna go roll on over to the classifieds...:)

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
If you get 4WD, make sure (if you can) that the vehicle has the G80 locking rear diff option. Very expensive to add later, and it makes the vehicle truly useful in the muck and slippery stuff.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
If you get 4WD, make sure (if you can) that the vehicle has the G80 locking rear diff option. Very expensive to add later, and it makes the vehicle truly useful in the muck and slippery stuff.
How do I tell if my TB has the G80 locking rear diff option? :undecided

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
GT4 is one of three gear ratio codes on the glove box sticker. You HAVE to have one of the three. (The list of all possible RPO codes is under the Resources tab and I'm making everybody go look it up for themselves rather than giving away the three codes here. I'm evil like that. :thumbsup: )

G80 is an independent RPO code that can be there or not, no matter WHICH of the gear ratio codes you have.

·
Registered
2006 chevy trailblazer_ls
20 Posts
(The list of all possible RPO codes is under the Resources tab and I'm making everybody go look it up for themselves rather than giving away the three codes here. I'm evil like that. )
No problem, I don't mind doing a little work to learn and I tend to be a little evil myself sometimes. Thanks for the help :cool:

Looks like I have the 3:42s. Good thing I don't tow a lot (I have a measly 17' pop up camper)! Guess that also explains my city driving mpg too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Registered
2002 olds bravada
314 Posts
the truck mileage ?

Hi the mileage in he picture of the black Trailblazer says @116K , But the car fax said 167K, am I seeing the correct Trailblazer .:confused:Springbuck
Please go test drive the closer truck first.Have you made a check list plus check codes for possible issues.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts