Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Beating myself up with thermostat stuck open and jet engine sounds in my 2003 trailblazer. $1000 from dealer! What!? Thanks Rbarrios - nice to know regular people are still alive and well.
I hope to get into this job in next day or so (looks like fun eh?). Nice and cold here in Raleigh, NC but at least I have a garage and heater.

·
Registered
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
3,250 Posts
Have fun with your repairs....might as well get it all done in one shot.

BTW, welcome to the forum, and please fill out your UserCP when you get a chance.

·
South Chapter
4,487 Posts
Welcome to TrailVoy!!!

Do yourself a huge favor and make sure you presoak the fan in advance of removing it. You don't want to mess up the water pump shaft and / or seal and then have to take it apart again in the near future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks All!

I replaced the thermostat this evening and again, thanks to the pics from Rbarrios, I knew what to expect. Anyway repairs went smoothly and the hardest part was getting the alternator out - just time consuming. After repairs the temp was back on 210 deg and the jet noises from the fan have stopped. So I'll try it again tomorrow and see if all is well.

Don't know if ya'll use distilled water, but after 5 years with the green stuff, all was clean as new! I use it in all vehicles- Raleigh has pretty hard water.

I had the battery negative disconnected the entire time so any code was removed. Now I just have to reset my radio channels!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ouch that darn fan clutch

Well one-half of my problem is solved. The Thermostat fixed the low temp problem and I thought that the fan clutch was resolved too but no joy. Looks like I'm gonna have to replace that dude also. Intermittant is one thing - but all the time - now that's another thing altogether!

It's like driving in first gear all the time with a leaf blower strapped to the hood. Geeze eBay here I come. I'll be reading the posts here too - apparently from what I've read I have to be careful I don't buy replacement junk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
....while I'm in there....

Yes thanks ssmedt. I've thought about also changing the water pump too. I'll have to see how I feel! Up to now no probs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts