Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo,
Recently replaced my 04 TB 4.2 normal wheel base with powerstop kit with new pads and rotors( basic oem style w: ceramics. ( Regret going with powerstop, 3x problems with order)With both front wheels up, the passanger side is fairly easy to rotate by hand, then I go back to my driver side and I can barley rotate this, I went out for a test drive and noticed my driver side was smoking and I pulled off the wheel again and top of the rotor was discolored to a yellowish hue indication of overheating.
I cleaned behind the bracket and lubed with crc brake synthetic lube, pulled out caliper pins and regressed, used new hardware and put a small amount on ears of pads,they move in and out no bindings on hardware slides. Pistons 2x squeezed in rather easily. Do you think I should get a reman caliper at this point? Also if so, does this mean I will need to bleed just that caliper location or al 4? OEM fluid is pretty nasty probably from factory and up to max level.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Seems to me that the caliper in question is full of corruption and won't fully retract.

What do you imply by "nasty" brake fluid?

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
When you were pushing the calipers in .... you made no statement about opening the bleeders so you didn't force bad/contaminated brake fluid BACK into the ABS controller .... well, there ya go.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
What part of this statement (should have) hoisted the red flag for you: (while front wheels were still off the ground) "........ then I go back to my driver side and I can barley rotate this, I went out for a test drive and noticed my driver side was smoking and I pulled off the wheel again and top of the rotor was discolored to a yellowish hue indication of overheating."

At what point would a thinking person .... oh, I don't know ..... notice ..... that something was WRONG?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts