Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2002 chevy trailblazer_ltz
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rec'd the "loaner" PCM for our '02 Trlbzr LTZ (4WhlDrv) - I6 engine -
SWAP out went fine, the ORIGINAL PCM is in MAIL back to Alvin!

IF this loaner is near as good as our ORIGINAL will be after you 'fix'
it, wow! Shift points on this loaner are fine, better overall
acceleration, etc... BUT BUT BUT 'after' putting this loaner on, we
noted SOMETHING INTERESTING with the "VENTS" in the car.

We have PASSENGER and DRIVER side 'individuals' - SINCE putting in the
LOANER, the DRIVER side will ONLY blow 'warm' or 'heated' air on ANY
setting (A/C or outside/vent only type air), only warm out the driver's
side vent. :worried:

WANTED to let you know... ALSO wanted to be sure that "I" did not do
anything when I swapped out the PCM??? :duh:

Well, it is a loaner PCM and going back, but I wondered if something is permanently amiss?

·
Registered
8,781 Posts
could be a weird coincidence but your mode door actuator probably took a dump on you... there is a how to sticky in the general tech forum..

but to be certain I would wait till you get yours back :m2:

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Possible - but the actuator is new (well, just 2 years) and has been fine. I'll wait. You know how that costs at a dealer.
Doc

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WOW! Talk about FAST... we got the PCM back yesterday. Was really barely gone.
Put it on today. Notice great improvements in shift, downshift, etc... and, while we haven't booted it yet, the 1st and 2nd gear "grunt" seems remarkably improved. Our driveway is a 1/4 mile 22% grade (Yeah, you read that right) and in the past the TB always seems to bog a bit in first as we go up (in first). NO More! Is willing to 'scamper' up the big hill. :woot:

The ONLY issue I have is the darn 'drive side' of the dual mode vents still blow only hot. I'd left the batt. disconnected for 30 minutes on the PCM install but it didn't fix the recalcitrant actuator or its 'settings'. :worried:

I need to (I guess??) pull the HVAC (back seat, where???) and then disconnect the ground (I do the negative 1st, then the positive terminal, right?).

Hoping to get the driver's side to work. This is ONE issue when pulling the PCM...

GREAT product and results! Thanks, :grouphug:
Doc

·
Banned
2003 gmc envoy_slt
7,190 Posts
Before tearing anything apart: Turn off all accessories, disconnect the battery(again) and let it for a half hour. Reconnect the battery and turn the Key to the Run position. Do not start it. Leave the key in the Run position for about 90 seconds and listen for the mod doors to reset themselves. Start the truck and see if the vents are working. Also you really only have to remove the Neg cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have gmc envoy 2006, in this morning i start my car, it is started smoothly but immedietly stopped again. after a few minutes, i started again, it is started but feeling that race is coming up and down. after a few minutes, engine came on smooth position. Please help, what happenng in my car ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts