Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to flush my heater core the in/ out lines. I have not done this before and I'm not positive on how to do it. Can anyone tell me how and post pix of the lines on the firewall? I just learned that since I bought my TB last summer there was no air filters inside. It was nasty to clean out. So that makes me think flushing the in/ out lines will increase flow of air. ? Help please

·
Registered
311 Posts
Number 1.... there is no air inside that heater core passageways.
Number 2.... who told you you need to flush the core to remove bad odors? You can't
Number 3.... GM heater cores flush themselves out every time you start the engine, then they are either modulated, redirected or left wide open according to the HVAC system settings.

What you MIGHT be smelling is leaking coolant inside the plenum or sound deadened under the eash creating a funky order.

Is your carpet on the floor .... under the floor mats.... dribbling down the slanted floor? Puddles in the carpet or pad get really nasty smelling.

THEN there's always the possibility of condensate from the evaporator that's not draining correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No dead anything. I detail cars so it's very clean.

The in and out to the heater core I just flushed. Used a clean clear hose on the in and straight water hose on the out. Reverse flush! Heat is blowing like new now!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good on ya for fixing it.

I don't understand how cleaning out the heater cooling lines makes it any better - but you say it did so it must be so....

Cleaning the fins, OTOH -- different story.

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
227 Posts
Good on ya for fixing it.

I don't understand how cleaning out the heater cooling lines makes it any better - but you say it did so it must be so....

Cleaning the fins, OTOH -- different story.
Maybe the OP meant flow of heat instead of air ? ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts