Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

Heater/AC issues and electronic issues

[SOLVED] 
2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  redvise 
#1 ·
I have had a long running issue with the heating and cooling of the cabin of my 06 Envoy. The A/C blows nice and cool, and the heat blows really nice and warm. However the problem is that it will only blow super cold, or super hot. There is no in between.

If I am running the A/C it will blow cold if the dial is set to the lowest temp (15C or 59F) it blows cold. If I turn it up to blow at say 18C the A/C stops and it almost starts blowing heat.

The same happens when I have the heat on. The heat is set at 32C/90F and blows fine there but if I try and drop it down to a reasonable temp it starts to blow cold, even if I drop it by only a degree. The fan is operating fine. But all of these issues exist regardless if I have the climate control set to AUTO or not.

The second issue I am having is that I am having electrical issues. My guess is that some of the wires running under the center console have been warn down and are crossing with each other. I get crazy feedback over the speakers, and sometimes just touching the console will turn on or change the climate settings, or increase the volume, let me put the windows down but then not allow them to go up, prevent all door controls, or even turn on my satellite radio. It has also caused (albeit much more infrequently than the other issues listed above) all lights on the dashboard to light up.

I am about to pull off the center console to take a look to see if I see any obvious wear points in any of the wires running under the console, but I am wondering if this is a common issue, or if maybe I have a bigger issue forming.

See less See more
#2 ·
Have not had the same issues but other strange occurances. I have a 2006 Envoy also. Lost setting #4 and #5 on fan control. Losing illumination lights right and left across entire dash and then some come back on?? Dealer wanted $200 to fix a/c fan switch, no thanks, I will live with positions #1,#2, and #3 until it completly dies and then replace myself.

#3 ·
Did you ever figure out the problem?

My wifes 2005 Envoy does not have #4 or #5 on the heater switch. It also randomly looses dash lights, aftermarket radio and door switches (lock and windows) and then randomly the lights, radio and switches start working again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.