Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_sle
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay..so i changed my cloth seats on my 04 envoy to black leather seats from an 06 envoy. everything works find but my airbags plugs dont match up because 04 have the airbags in the seats and the 06 have it in the side pannels. however does anyone noe how to get my heated seats to work if i run a switch? is there high and low setting? is there a way to get my airbag light off besides opening the cluster and desolder the bulb? :confused:

·
Banned
2004 gmc
26,181 Posts
Did you have the memory seats with a Driver 1 and 2 setting? That's what normally supports running the seat heaters. I think the cloth seat ones didn't have that option, but I may be wrong.

Anyway, if you want to run the seat heaters manually with your own switches, I can help. Did you look closely at the connectors before installing the seats, or can you get at them now to splice in your own wires?

And you have compromised safety by having NO side airbags? Why not find '04 leather seats to match your SIR system? I can't imagine fixing the airbag system other than reprogramming it to ignore the missing bags and there's probably a federal law against tampering like that. Resale value may have taken a big hit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts