Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been driving my truck the last few days for Lyft and my temp only goes half way to 210 and not sure why when it used to hit 210 and stay and that day I was out driving like 4hrs plus and that's high as it got..What do you think the issue might be..And the antifreeze it full

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 gmc envoy_slt
2,277 Posts
I don't think a stuck open stat will keep the temp down that low. I would suspect a bad temp sensor or a gauge problem. Does the temp gauge go down to 100 when engine is shut off, if not, then the stepper motor for gauge is bad.

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
144 Posts
I don't think a stuck open stat will keep the temp down that low. I would suspect a bad temp sensor or a gauge problem. Does the temp gauge go down to 100 when engine is shut off, if not, then the stepper motor for gauge is bad.
I just reread the Original Post. Nothing was mentioned about inside cabin air temp, only the gauge temp as you picked up on, EnvoyBoy. I was chasing the indoor temp, as in heat furnished inside the cabin. I didn't pick up on the temp gauge. I was barking up the wrong tree. I don't think it's the thermostat either. Stepper, or is there some type of sending unit that could be on the fritz?

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
230 Posts
The old Jeep we had , an in line 6 , would always run at about 150° until I switch thermostats . But , that was a simpler system . No fancy electrical mumbo jumbo voodoo to deal with . ;)

·
Registered
324 Posts
Mine was the same, just had this fixed... But also a cracked exhaust manifold. Ugh.

Now I have it back and it's losing rpms at idle randomly and also while up to speed.

No codes

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
Check the KV side of your PCV system.

·
Registered
324 Posts
EXCERPTED ---> ".....Called the mechanic who fixed my manifold today and he said he did have the battery unplugged multiple times, so he said it could be because of that.

That is not a professional's statement...... those are wormwords used by somebody who is mystified by internal combustion gizmos.............. and electricity is evil spirits running around in the wires.

He maybe left a vacuum fitting loose... or the KV is. maybe not where it belongs.

The KV can produce your symptoms. it deserves checking as a lot of people who use wrenches, miss that a lot!

·
Registered
2007 chevy trailblazer_ls
2 Posts
EXCERPTED ---> ".....Called the mechanic who fixed my manifold today and he said he did have the battery unplugged multiple times, so he said it could be because of that.

That is not a professional's statement...... those are wormwords used by somebody who is mystified by internal combustion gizmos.............. and electricity is evil spirits running around in the wires.

He maybe left a vacuum fitting loose... or the KV is. maybe not where it belongs.

The KV can produce your symptoms. it deserves checking as a lot of people who use wrenches, miss that a lot!

Check the KV side of your PCV system.

·
Registered
2005 gmc envoy_slt
1 Posts
I have been driving my truck the last few days for Lyft and my temp only goes half way to 210 and not sure why when it used to hit 210 and stay and that day I was out driving like 4hrs plus and that's high as it got..What do you think the issue might be..And the antifreeze it full
100% the thermostat. they are super cheep and easy to replace

·
Registered
2003 GMC Envoy_SLT_4x4
1 Posts
Might as well put in a new temp sensor while your changing the thermostat. They're not expensive, and they're easy to get at while the stat is out.

·
Registered
324 Posts
what is the KV side of the PCV system? Just trying to learn a little bit here.

Google really IS your friend........

Showing just the teeniest interest in self research, if you went to your browser and typed in words like .....
  • kv,
  • pcv,
  • system
..... you'd get a result like this: "Crankcase Breathing - Shoptalkforums.com"

Or here is a pix of pretty much exactly what you have..... LINK HERE

·
Registered
2004 GMC Envoy SLT 4.2
230 Posts
Google really IS your friend........

Showing just the teeniest interest in self research, if you went to your browser and typed in words like .....
  • kv,
  • pcv,
  • system
..... you'd get a result like this: "Crankcase Breathing - Shoptalkforums.com"

Or here is a pix of pretty much exactly what you have..... LINK HERE
How come no pix ? and LINK HERE doesn't link to anything , either . :(

·
Registered
2004 Trailblazer LS 4x4, 4.2L:, 2016 ATS-V, 2014 CTS-V Wagon, 2018 Audi A7
144 Posts
Jeezus, clik on the other link. And Photobucket changed its policy some time ago and has a paywall. Man, try to help yourself is what everyone is trying to say.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts