Chevy TrailBlazer, TrailBlazer SS and GMC Envoy Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 chevy trailblazer_ls
1,113 Posts
i have heard of people doing this...

yu can also save alot of money and buy this in a roll like ducttape...people use that to wrap their headers for the same reasoning of heat in the engine bay...just my :m2:

IMO that does look much cleaner than it would if it was to be wrapped with header wrap but its a few more doll hairs :bonk:

·
Registered
2008 chevy trailblazer_lt
98 Posts
Reflective Heat Tape is good stuff but not really cheap. I use alot of different insulations for hot and cold stuffs. You can wrap heat tape right around 800deg pipes and it will knock temp down below a 100 where you can then touch or hold the pipe safely. You would want Reflective Heat Tape to keep the heat out of the intake. I would say works better then the stuff off ebay This is what I mean and would only cover bout a 2ft section which maybe enough :m2:
http://www.jegs.com/p/Taylor/946133/10002/-1
Also seen they had this not sure about it Thermo-Tec Cold Air Tube Heat Shield

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
good find man.......:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 chevy trailblazer_ls
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just went to Lowes the other day and purchased the same stuff that you was found on Jeggs and only paid like 7 or 8 bucks too...it seems to work great too. I found it in the pipe insulation area.

·
Registered
2002 chevy
2,582 Posts
i bought it long ago. youll need to cut holes on the wrap inorder to connect the two hose into the intake. I have a 77 kn btw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts